Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Need help 2012 Chevy Cruze code u 0100

1221 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
Let me start off by saying I don't know where to post this but any insight would be welcome I recently replaced the ECU in my 2012 Chevy Cruze because of damage to the connector J2 on the ECU three pins head melted off the board and melted the plug replaced plug and ECU I don't have an expensive scan tool so I'm not sure what the code means but the code is u 0100 was dealing with engine reduced power icon on dash now that is fixed just. need help understanding what aforementioned code means
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,185 Posts
Let me start off by saying I don't know where to post this but any insight would be welcome I recently replaced the ECU in my 2012 Chevy Cruze because of damage to the connector J2 on the ECU three pins head melted off the board and melted the plug replaced plug and ECU I don't have an expensive scan tool so I'm not sure what the code means but the code is u 0100 was dealing with engine reduced power icon on dash now that is fixed just. need help understanding what aforementioned code means

This is not a common problem. It's been my experience that the most likely failure is the ECM, PCM or transmission control module. There are at least two CAN bus locations in a vehicle. They could be under the carpet, behind the kick panels, under the driver's seat, under the dash or between the A/C housing and center console. They handle communications for all the modules. A communications failure between anything in the network will cause this code. If additional codes are present to isolate the problem, diagnosis is simplified. The installation of performance enhancing computer chips or devices may not be compatible with the ECM or CAN bus wiring causing the lost communications code. A bent or pushed out pin terminal in one of the connectors or a loose ground to the computer will cause such a code. Jumping a dead battery and inadvertently reversing the polarity momentarily will destroy the computer.
Read more at: U0100 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM "A" Code

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.