Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local Chevy dealership for installation of new tires I purchased. In the process they damaged my rocker panel area while lifting. I immediately brought it to their attention, as well as one of the GM people on here (Stacey I believe her name is) and action was taken. A file number was opened on here with the GM and the dealership proceeded to repair the car. The thing is...this was about 2 and a half years ago. Fast toward to now and the repair areas are now peeling and surface rusting. Upon getting my Cruze returned to me after the repair, I asked the service writer how long is the warranty on the repair because I knew this would happen. He told me for the life of the vehicle. The thing that concerns me is although I still have the paper work showing work was done, it doesn't say anything about the warranty of the repair. What should I do if he was lying or they try to deny things? I'm sorry call me one poor SOB or whatever, but when I purchase a vehicle and pay what I pay for it a month, I expect to keep it for as long as possible, not run out and buy their next new model they decide to put out. I specifically asked them to do my repair correctly because I knew I'd still have my Cruze, which is virtually problem free with the exception of that botched repair. It's almost like they just do a good enough job to cover the repair area and so it'll last long enough before you trade in or get a new car. Well that's not how I roll. I bought this economy car for a reason, to save money and still have a decent product. It gets good gas mileage and is low maintenance....but what good is all of that if I'm expected to only keep it 2 years and get a new one? But I digress. Like I said I still have my car and down the road the repair ultimately failed. What action should I take? I actually tried to restart the conversation between me and the GM rep on here when I first noticed the repair area failing, but they didn't respond. That was almost a year ago. My wife and I moved away from that area. We are now relocating back and it's a snow/rust belt area unlike where we are now. I refuse to drive around a car with paint chipping and rusting in such a sensitive area in that climate, whether the repair is a week old or over 2 years old. No excuse for it to not to have lasted as long as the paint on the rest of the car. I have no rust except for those areas.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
A couple of points if I may:

1) You have a legitimate concern.

2) You are prejudging the outcome of any discussion with the repairing dealer. Why not engage them as you have done with us and then see how things shake out?

3) As in any business, GM reps change from time to time. So the person you sent an email to may no longer be at that email address.

4) You write in a very literate way. But your message would be much more accessible if you introduced paragraphs. I counted at least six possible in your one paragraph post. Why not go back and edit your post in this way to help other readers better digest your situation so that they may be able to help you out?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Editing your post is a nice feature of this board. Many other boards do not have this feature.

Try to proofread my posts, or else somebody will jump all over me, LOL.

But still make mistakes, so use that return key a lot, to make it easier for me to read, even my own posts.

Not very fond of those tiny tabs on these unibody cars either, first things to rust out with road salt. I never use those with my floor jack, find a more robust spot to lift up the vehicle. And have a wooden block with a piece of carpet glued to it.

Nor those swinging arms on the hoists, to easy to bump out of alignment. Just another situation where we have new problems that were never problems before.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We had problems like that before with a shop that did extensive damage to one of my kid's vehicles. We could not deal with the shop. Small claims court sure worked for us. So did a witness from a reliable shop verifying the damage.

Judge told the reliable shop to repair the damage, and bill the culprit shop directly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts