Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys
I have a 2015 Cruze turbo 1.4l 6 speed transmission. Just replaced the engine and transmission cause original engine overheated badly and transmission synchros were no good anymore. Currently Trying to bleed the coolant, can’t get the fan to come on. Even when I run the ac it doesn’t come on. Car will take a long time to get up to operating temp, will stay just below half on temp gauge but doesnt overheat. I’ve also noticed that all the coolant hoses all get hot except for the ones attached to the thermostat. The coolant level never gets any lower in the reservoir for some reason as well. I’ve replaced the thermostat, coolant temp sensor and rad fan with the resistor recently. Don’t know what else to try. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Ryan

· Registered
2,061 Posts
I would check fan fuse. Then check for voltage at fan connector with ac on. Are you using a scan tool to check your coolant temps and ac pressures?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the fuse and it looked fine. Relays appear to be fine as well. I can get the fan to come on full blast when I pull out the coolant temp sensor so I know the fan is working. I scanned for codes there was one that read coolant flown insufficient which I think is related to the rad sensor if I’m not mistaken. No I haven’t tried seeing the coolant temps or ac pressure on my scanner

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would check fan fuse. Then check for voltage at fan connector with ac on. Are you using a scan tool to check your coolant temps and ac pressures?
checked the fuse and it looked fine. Relays appear to be fine as well. I can get the fan to come on full blast when I pull out the coolant temp sensor so I know the fan is working. I scanned for codes there was one that read coolant flown insufficient which I think is related to the rad sensor if I’m not mistaken. No I haven’t tried seeing the coolant temps or ac pressure on my scanner

· Registered
2,061 Posts
Seems you have air in the system. The way I bleed my air is I set the parking brake chock a tire and use a 2ft 2x4 and wedge in between the front of the seat and gas peddle to obtain 1700-2000 rpm and watch the temp via real time data on a scan tool. Let it cycle with the coolant cap loose enough to vent to get the air out. You should see the coolant climb and fan should come on.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems you have air in the system. The way I bleed my air is I set the parking brake chock a tire and use a 2ft 2x4 and wedge in between the front of the seat and gas peddle to obtain 1700-2000 rpm and watch the temp via real time data on a scan tool. Let it cycle with the coolant cap loose enough to vent to get the air out. You should see the coolant climb and fan should come on.
I may try that. I attempted to bleed the system for about two hours the other day, revving the engine to about 2 grand intermittently for about 20-30 seconds at a time with no success.

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,231 Posts
the other temp sensor being the rad sensor? Or the thermostat sensor?

the other temp sensor being the rad sensor? Or the thermostat sensor?
The sensor in the "coolant outlet" and the radiator. Also because I have seen a few people mess this up. Double check the sensors near the coolant outlet are connected to the correct wires. The Map sensor iirc has the same connector. :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts