Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I need help. I am looking for PN12662659! I have attempted to order from several sites and orders come back cancelled. The response I am getting is it is on an indefinite back order. Does anyone have one they Would like to part with? Does anyone have leads to a delete DEF system?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The part finally arrived Friday. I’m driving to Oregon tomorrow (where the car has been since Thanksgiving) to deliver the part! I’m hoping to have it up and running by Tuesday afternoon!! I will keep y’all posted. Fingers crossed!

· Registered
232 Posts
The part finally arrived Friday. I’m driving to Oregon tomorrow (where the car has been since Thanksgiving) to deliver the part! I’m hoping to have it up and running by Tuesday afternoon!! I will keep y’all posted. Fingers crossed!
Santa came a day early ;-) Best of luck with it!!!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the part seems to be working. However now they can’t get the car to regen. Technician has been on the phone with Chevy tech support and they all agree I need a new cat converter?? Bill went Fromm 1100 to 3100! I obviously have to fix it but now have to decide if this car is too much for me to maintain. I love The way it drives and the gas mileage but I just don’t understand cars. I’ve learned a lot with this one in a few short months. Hubby isn’t into cars, so I’m taking this on myself to ask questions and figure it out. I already sold my Honda so I’m kind of stuck keeping this and praying this works or getting rid of it and just buying a new car. This car is immaculate and only has 40,000 miles on it. I know it has a long life. It belonged to a person that owned several vehicles and he rotated what he drove. Could the converter go bad from not being driven a lot?

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
So the part seems to be working. However now they can’t get the car to regen. Technician has been on the phone with Chevy tech support and they all agree I need a new cat converter?? Bill went Fromm 1100 to 3100! I obviously have to fix it but now have to decide if this car is too much for me to maintain. I love The way it drives and the gas mileage but I just don’t understand cars. I’ve learned a lot with this one in a few short months. Hubby isn’t into cars, so I’m taking this on myself to ask questions and figure it out. I already sold my Honda so I’m kind of stuck keeping this and praying this works or getting rid of it and just buying a new car. This car is immaculate and only has 40,000 miles on it. I know it has a long life. It belonged to a person that owned several vehicles and he rotated what he drove. Could the converter go bad from not being driven a lot?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you. This helps!

· Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel
104 Posts
They want to call the DPF a catalytic converter then ask them them if the federal emissions warranty will apply. 8yr/80000mi, maybe you still have coverage.

What Are Specified Major Emission Control Components?
There are three specified major emission control components, covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles of vehicle use (whichever first occurs) on 1995 and newer vehicles:
• Catalytic converters
• The electronic emissions control unit or computer (ECU)
• The onboard emissions diagnostic device or computer (OBD)

Catalytic converters are critical emission control components that have been installed on most cars and trucks manufactured since 1975. Since engines don’t burn fuel completely during the combustion process, the exhaust contains a significant amount of harmful pollutants such as carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, and oxides of nitrogen. The catalytic converter aids the conversion of these pollutants to less harmful substances such as carbon dioxide, water vapor, nitrogen, and oxygen before the exhaust is expelled into the environment.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I am in the same boat as some of you here. Took my Diesel Cruze to the dealer (strictly diagnostics) my downstream NOx sensor was not returning a reading. Dealer wanted way too much to replace (also couldn't even guarantee they could get the sensor either). After scouring the internet I found like most of you that there was a national backorder. Emailed various local suppliers and ebay sellers, no luck. Ended up by a sensor from China just to see if I can get the car to drive in the interim, still hasn't shown up. Today I got an email from an ebay supplier that had 4 in stock. I am new to the forum so I am not sure if I can post a link to it or not. As of this post looks like this seller has 2 left, just trying to help a fellow person in my situation out.

· Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,056 Posts
Just want to point out that it is possible the NOX sensor wasn't the problem to begin with. In order to know if the knockoff ones work you would pretty much need to remove the OEM one and put the aftermarket one in a known working vehicle.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.