Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Need help identifying turn signal issue

7843 9
My wife has a 2011 Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo. Her front passenger blinker went out. I replaced the bulb and got a day or two out of it but it's now not working again. When using the right blinker, it flashes rapidly and only the rear light functions; the front does not light up. Upon inspecting the bulb, it looks fine. I checked fuses 32 and 31 under the hood and both of those appear fine, as well. Any other ideas on what might be causing the issue? Is there a separate relay somewhere?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
307 Posts
I see our cars have the plug in style sockets for the turn signals, not the hardwired type. I have seen this type of socket fail on other cars and cause an issue with a light not working properly.

· Registered
251 Posts
My wife has a 2011 Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo. Her front passenger blinker went out. I replaced the bulb and got a day or two out of it but it's now not working again. When using the right blinker, it flashes rapidly and only the rear light functions; the front does not light up. Upon inspecting the bulb, it looks fine. I checked fuses 32 and 31 under the hood and both of those appear fine, as well. Any other ideas on what might be causing the issue? Is there a separate relay somewhere?
Did you replace the bulb with a LED? Sounds like hyper-flash from a LED bulb in a NON-LED light socket.

· Premium Member
2,200 Posts
Fuse 3, and fuse 23 in the dash fuse panel are also related to turn signal operation.

Also if your battery is currently or has ever leaked, the 40way connnector under the battery tray commonly experiences corrosion afterwards.

Socket contacts often spread/burn. Do the bulbs exhibit signs or arcing or overheating on their contacts? If so socket replacement is the best course of action.

If all looks good electrical diagnosis is required.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I replaced the bulb again and we're going on about two days without issue, so hopefully that does it. If not, I've got some great troubleshooting steps here to work through. Thanks, everyone, for your help.

Run a test light and see what the socket itself is doing.
Can you say more about this? How do I do this?

· Registered
3,976 Posts
I replaced the bulb again and we're going on about two days without issue, so hopefully that does it. If not, I've got some great troubleshooting steps here to work through. Thanks, everyone, for your help.

Can you say more about this? How do I do this?
You test it for power. Just like anything else. If everything is working. The test light will flash. If the light don't flash then you know you've got a power problem.
You can also probe the ground side by connecting the test light to the positive terminal. If it don't light up you've got a broken ground wire somewhere. Or some other problem in todays world of electronics.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2016 chevy cruze ls. I want to put led lights in the rear. Why is it that my rear end turn signal acts as my brake light? The 2016 chevy cruze ls is unlike any other chevy cruze ls. It is a bit longer and the lighting in the back is diffrent. On each side in the rear end there is only 3 blulbs. Outer is the turn signal and it aslo act as ther brake light. On the inner, there is the reverse light and below that there is one brake light. Can anyone help me here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.