Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, long time since I last posted, obviously got a coolant leak, but I don't know what the potholes in this terrible city did to the underside of the engine bay... would appreciate help idenfitying what it is and how much it's going to set me back in repairs. I already searched around for the obvious coolant leak, and know that GM came out with a new part # for it, the dealer is still going to charge me $50 to put the dye in to see if there are any other leaks. Also, it's not driving funny, making crazy noises, but it still kept me from going out of town for my holiday leave... Thank you for any help! 20161214_163750.jpg 20161209_223101(1).jpg

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Ok, the item in the second photo looks like the water outlet - a fairly common failure point. It's on the front driver's side of the engine.

Good news/bad news: It's covered by the power train warranty, but I understand there's a redesigned part that takes a new style hose. The hose is not covered. I suggest you read this post as the dealer might think it's not covered.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good tip, if it's covered some what by the power train warranty then I might save on paying for the diagnosis. I assumed I'd have to pay for the the hose which isn't so bad, and I've found the posts about the bad coolant reservoir cap, but the reservoir and cap aren't more pricey so that's good.

·
10,713 Posts
Not sure of the 1st, see if you can brake cleaner spray it and see how long it takes to come back. 2nd pic shows coil pack connector puts you in at a 11-12 model year with old style outlet as ChevyGuy pointed out. 13 and up part should remedy that and hopefully be what is dripping into pic 1.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure of the 1st, see if you can brake cleaner spray it and see how long it takes to come back. 2nd pic shows coil pack connector puts you in at a 11-12 model year with old style outlet as ChevyGuy pointed out. 13 and up part should remedy that and hopefully be what is dripping into pic 1.
You did what I did when I first noticed it, when I had the car on a lift for an oil change... I don't think the shiny flat metal is supposed to be exposed like that, but I don't know what that even is!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts