Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Blue granite metallic 2012 6 speed manual turbocharged Chevy Cruze 1LT, RS body kit
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, so my front driver door speaker in my 2012 1LT is blown out, and I have (as far as I can tell, due to having the amp/[or is it a speaker?] in my dash in place of the usual lidded storage space, and I think I remember my original OEM stereo system would display 'Pioneer' upon starting up) the upgraded 7 speaker w/amp Pioneer audio system, and before looking into instructions on tearing down the interior door panel and all that mess, I was hoping someone would know what kind of speaker(s) specifically I'd need to get to replace it and work right with the car in general, and with the aftermarket 10.4" Tesla style android 10 stereo head unit I installed, pic below of system I'm referring to. Having no user manual included with that system has really sucked in MANY ways lol. Couple notes, I need a low cost speaker that can handle the way I BLAST the music every time I drive. Anyone in here done this replacement and has the info I need to do it too? Thanks in advance y'all!
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Easiest way to do the install would be with another original speaker, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find one, especially since it needs to be from the Pioneer set. If you buy a generic speaker to replace your old one, you will need to buy a baffle to fit it in the door, or you need to cut your old speaker out of the plastic casing it's been integrated in, and attach your new speaker to that casing with screws. If you can't find an original speaker, I really recommend replacing BOTH front speakers, as they might sound different from each other, or play at different volumes otherwise.
Not sure if the original speaker would have RMS or peak power ratings somewhere on it so you could find a new speaker that matches it as closely as possible so the amp can drive it properly. Or if you know the amp specs, you could buy the new speakers based on that as well.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Hey y'all, so my front driver door speaker in my 2012 1LT is blown out, and I have (as far as I can tell, due to having the amp/[or is it a speaker?] in my dash in place of the usual lidded storage space, and I think I remember my original OEM stereo system would display 'Pioneer' upon starting up) the upgraded 7 speaker w/amp Pioneer audio system, and before looking into instructions on tearing down the interior door panel and all that mess, I was hoping someone would know what kind of speaker(s) specifically I'd need to get to replace it and work right with the car in general, and with the aftermarket 10.4" Tesla style android 10 stereo head unit I installed, pic below of system I'm referring to. Having no user manual included with that system has really sucked in MANY ways lol. Couple notes, I need a low cost speaker that can handle the way I BLAST the music every time I drive. Anyone in here done this replacement and has the info I need to do it too? Thanks in advance y'all! View attachment 294187
How-To: Replace door speakers

The SQ Car Audio Thread V2

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,606 Posts
I replaced both of mine in the front doors with the OEM Pioneer, purchased from ebay, fit right in and sounds great to my ears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts