Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4 RS package. (Bought it at 50k miles) I apologize if i'm not posting this in the right spot!:not_worthy:

Just so you guys get an idea i've owned the car for 3 years and its sitting at 91xxx miles, so far this is the work on the car
Water Pump x2,Thermostat x2, Temperature sensors, Valve cover, heater hose, Coolant surge tank(reservoir) and a few other hoses here and there

Now with that said i just changed another valve cover plus Intake manifold and new spark plugs due to some leaks (couple days ago), this was what the dealer told me it needed plus PCV hose (as seen on picture) i checked the hose and it looks good so i decided not to spend the extra $45$ on amazon! I reset the codes and drove the car for maybe 25 miles and boom both codes pop back again so now i'm starting to get frustrated! any idea what could be going on ?

Could it actually be the PCV hose this time? or maybe the O2 sensor is actually bad now? Fuel injectors? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
P015B seems 02 sensors, if you havent i would just replace them both, and P0171 is 02 sensor i think. I have a 2012 LTZ RS i fought the 171 code for a while. There is a purge sensor it has a hose connected to it. It is a hose that runs on top of the motor I replaced it and the code hasn't come back on. I'm not going to say this is your issue. I tend to do my own work. I trouble shoot by throwing parts at it and i still come up cheaper than the taking it to the Stealership. Thats the part number. Look into it. I might have had more going on it my car. Mine happened at the same mileage as yours 93,XXX. Hopefully this helps.
[h=1]PURGE CONTROL VALVE - GM (55577313)[/h]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will replace the pcv hose when it comes in the mail but this will def be the next one i put! TY for the info!

·
Registered
543 Posts
My daughter is 1000 miles away in college, so I had a mechanic change her valvecover on the side. It ran fine but started throwing the P0171 code on and off. Long story short, he lost the o-ring out of the PCV to turbo hose at the intake manifold.

The car was home for Christmas, so I changed the intake manifold (her check was missing) with a $20 pick and pull intake with a good check valve, replaced that hose, and did the front brakes which were fine at 72,000 miles other than pitting on the inboard rotor surface.

I have two Cruzes, so I trained my wife to change the purge valve and gas cap before her last trip to visit my daughter a few months ago. It didn't cure the P0171, but both can cause issues. Both were cheap enough to take the chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts