Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, going on four years with my cruze. Only have 33,000 miles on it, mostly highway. Car has never even been driven above 80mph. I treat this thing like a baby. But....
This car jolts forward and backward every single time i go to a stop light. It feels like I'm being hit by another car from behind. When i accelerate, it feels like its hesitating to change gears. It barely even makes it up hills, and when going down hills it totally downgrades and jolts down the hill. Theres times where i dont even enjoy driving it because it just makes the ride so annoying. Im bringing it by Chevy wednesday to look at it. But from what ive read and heard, Chevy tells everyone its NORMAL for a 4cyl engine. Which i know isn't true, because i drive every single 4cyl car out right now since i work for Enterprise rent a car. This car absolutely has something wrong with it, and I'm still within the warranty period. What should i do. Should i try to get it fixed or is this not even worth it, should i try to get Chevy to trade me into a new car. NEED SUGGESTIONS. Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
You must road test the car with the mechanic to demonstrate your concern.
The mechanics driving style may be such as to not uncover what you are experiencing.

There is a fix for the 'hit from behind' feeling......requires a trans pull with hydraulic clutch plate replacement.....updated parts.

The other issues you should demonstrate to get a effective repair.

Rob

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It would help to have year model and transmission. Is this an auto or a manual?

My 2012 with the Automatic was really notchy, and got much better after I drained and refilled it. I did this with 45,000 miles, and looking back, I should have done this much earlier.

For fluid changes in the automatic I would strongly recommend GM Dexron VI fluid full synthetic. This transmission requires Dexron VI not the earlier Dexron III. You can find it, but it's expensive and sometimes shops will use whatever is compatible. I found Valvoline full synthetic Dexron VI at Menards of all places, for under $5 per quart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rob, I will ask him to drive it with me in it. hopefully they can get it fixed. Its a 2013 auto LT RS. Absolutely love the design of the car. So im hoping everything gets back to new because it would be a shame to have to give it up

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Thanks Rob, I will ask him to drive it with me in it. hopefully they can get it fixed. Its a 2013 auto LT RS. Absolutely love the design of the car. So im hoping everything gets back to new because it would be a shame to have to give it up

Have the dealer look up 'PI0928F'........I have sent you a PM with details.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.