Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 sat for 2 days, and a mouse decided to build a nest under the beauty cover, between injectors 3 and 4. While there he chewed through a small rubber fuel line that runs from injector to injector, causing a leak, and a terrible running engine.

I have been looking on a couple parts sites, and cant find it anywhere. I don't even know what its called, or exactly what it does... Its a small rubber line that is crimped onto a plastic fitting, at each injector, then to the back of the engine to meet what looks like the fuel supply line.

Any help locating a replacement, or even naming it would be appreciated. Even better would be letting me know what its for, and if I can get away with just cutting the crimps holding the damaged piece, and replacing it with parts store line and clamps for now.

·
2,170 Posts
Would you be able to post pictures of the part in question or the damaged area?

Did you kill the mice at least? Can't have them coming back for seconds.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I tried looking on one of the online parts sites but having trouble finding the diagram for the fuel rail and associated lines. Please post a pic and highlight where the issue is.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Excellent! Kudos to @ezap28ltz for finding that!

Reactions: Cruz15

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Great pics....darn mice, I had a RV several years ago, I live on a wooded lot, and one fall when it started to get cold, somehow mice got in the RV and made a royal mess, spent hours cleaning it up, never quite felt clean after. This looks like a reasonable fix.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Yum! Tasty diesel fuel!! Hopefully it killed the culprit.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Just out of curiosity, can someone in the pics above point out where the EGR valve is located on the CTD? Thanks

Reactions: diesel
1 - 10 of 10 Posts