Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2012 Eco Cruze was a poor victim of a hit and run which damaged the front right fender and bumper of the car. Out of my own negligence, I then proceeded to scrape the right rear door off of a pole in a tight parking lot at work.....

My question to you fine Cruzers is as follows.....would it be cheaper to fix the damage through a shop or get all the parts myself off of Kijiji and/or a part-out car?

Would this be a relatively simple job? I know that question is relative so I'll be the first to admit I'm not terribly mechanically inclined.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time,
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would say body shop 100% & get a dash cam for the future too. I am very mechanical incline buy not on body or interior removal. for some reason I always break something when I take a interior apart. :(

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wow- I bet that's a few thousand dollars in damage. The front bumper cover removal is covered in the "adding fog lights thread". There's also a few video's on "the tube" of Cruze front end work. The fender is fairly easy I think once you have the bumper cover off.

Those rear scratches, and the rear pillar. I think that's the "C" pillar.. Those are probably going to need a body shop if you want them repaired.

Can you get lucky and get a front bumper cover from a donor car allready painted? I don't know. They are expensive for a piece of plastic!

·
Registered
96 Posts
There ain't no way, you're going to be able to do it...and have it come out good IF you have no experience doing so. Seek out to a reputable body shop. You're going to have to do the entire side....and maybe blend the trunk lid and hood. Do not panel paint -its going to look dumb as ****!! You're going to have to repair the qtr, repair door, New fender and bumper. You're also going to have to gut both doors, remove tail light, headlight etc etc. Chances are you're going to need a fender bracket too! Your reputable body shop will know all this and what to do. If you care about your Cruze and can afford the $$$, go the professional route!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.