Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, need a new key for My 15 diesel. Dealer is 70 Any OEM quality alternative?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
1,058 Posts
To be honest, doesn’t sound like too bad of a price. You can also buy a used Fob and have the key cut on ebay by sending them a pic of your current key. I did that and spent I think around $35...

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
1,058 Posts

key blank and transmitter: NEW W/ OEM ELECTRONICS GM CHEVROLET BUICK FLIP KEYLESS REMOTE FOB TRANSMITTER | eBay

Just make sure it matches the features of your Cruze (they have other auctions by the same seller). I did this and new fob works great! I watched a YouTube video on how to program it, basically start car with old one, turn it off, and within like 2 seconds restart car with new one and it programmed it.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

key blank and transmitter: NEW W/ OEM ELECTRONICS GM CHEVROLET BUICK FLIP KEYLESS REMOTE FOB TRANSMITTER | eBay

Just make sure it matches the features of your Cruze (they have other auctions by the same seller). I did this and new fob works great! I watched a YouTube video on how to program it, basically start car with old one, turn it off, and within like 2 seconds restart car with new one and it programmed it.
Dang I like it, I’ll have to see how much to copy it and see if it works out cheaper. Thanks.

·
Administrator
25,486 Posts
My replacement key was $85 and that was in the spring of 2012. Fortunately I didn't have to pay it - it was a dealership to dealership payment as the car only came with one key.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
My replacement key was $85 and that was in the spring of 2012. Fortunately I didn't have to pay it - it was a dealership to dealership payment as the car only came with one key.
mine only came with 1 key also

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I found the key. I sent a message to the eBay seller to see where the code of the blade is located. They should be about 45$ vs 70 at dealer.

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
I knwo when I bought my 2016 Limited it only came with one so I went to a local locksmith and they charged me @ $110 They bought the FOB from GM/dealer based on my VIN and cut the key themselves

1 - 14 of 14 Posts