Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2012 Eco MT is still running on the original rubber. 80k miles so far. I've been happy with the Goodyear FuelMax tires as far as traction and longevity. It's now time to replace them. My first choice is to replace them with the same OEM tires, but so far I'm not sure if I can find another set. TireRack has the OEM TPC Spec FuelMaxs listed, but they are on backorder.

If I can't find the OEM tires, what is my best bet for a second choice? I don't want to lose any traction or gas mileage, nor do I want to sacrifice wear. I'm happy with only having to replace tires every 80K or so. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
If I can't find the OEM tires, what is my best bet for a second choice? I don't want to lose any traction or gas mileage, nor do I want to sacrifice wear. I'm happy with only having to replace tires every 80K or so. Thanks.
welll.... if this is the case you are gonna be absolutely highly limited. from my reading other fuelmax type tires aren't as good as our oe ones. in some regards you will either lose some life/mpg and may get better traction or other way around. you could always put on some more sticky grippy tires and drive a bit slower to compensate, not ideal but i favor traction and ride vs a little extra mpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough. Any one have experience with non-OEM tires on your Eco? Any recommendations?

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
You can still get the OE FuelMax tires. There are actually three versions of this tire - take the 19 lb version.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Agreed, my fuel max tires went to 70K and I probably could have gone more but switching them at the time of rotating out my snow tires just made sense. No reason to go with anything else. As mentioned, get the 19lb version. Tire Rack is where I got mine a year ago.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How much road noise do the OE eco tires produce both new and half worn?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't say that I've really noticed any particular road noise from the tires. I'm sure I'll be able to say more once I've replaced the tires. As far as I recall, I'm never noticed much noise from the tires. The car, despite having less insulation to cut weight has always been very quiet inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts