Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I've read a ton of threads about emissions deletes and while a lot of information is available, not too much is available for the regular-joe daily driver.

I'm not looking to hot-rod this car, it's my daily ride and average about 160 miles PER DAY. The emissions system has been nothing but trouble for me since day 1. I've replaced 3 NOX sensors, DEF tank reservoir x2, pyrometer and I'm sure I've forgotten something else! Now the car is back at the dealer for ANOTHER tank reservoir and they report that the DEF pump has now crapped the bed and want $745.00 to replace it. Either way, I need this thing GONE yesterday, but need to maintain the reliability of my high mileage commute.

So, is there any other daily drivers with a delete? I'm pretty well versed in wrenching so I'm not concerned with install, but am concerned about the car's computer settings, state inspection (no sniff), and reliability.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There's a bunch of deleted daily drivers on here. Everyone I've seen that has deleted their car has nothing but good things to say about it. If you're having problems with it, just delete it. Especially if you're looking at a 750 dollar emissions repair, the delete is only about 500 more and you'll never have to worry about an emissions failure again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yea i'm done with this emissions system. I'll reach out to the manufacturer to ascertain what components I require for full delete.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! My hands have been tied since I purchased the car new as I did not want to void the warranty. Now that I've reached 120k, even extended warranty parts won't be covered, so it's time to make this thing reliable for the next 100K.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Contact fleece and they'll let you know what you need. Pretty sure it's just a tune, unplug your egr and a downpipe

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent a facebook message to OZ tuner, and I believe I read that they are a sister company of fleece, is this true?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Yep, one in the same. Do the delete! It is the best warranty you can purchase for your CTD.

Winning answer.

Another happy deleted cruze owner here. I do alot of city driving now since a job change and it's great to not worry about ruining my emissions system anymore. It's also nice to take a 500 mile trip get 52mpg and not worry about a dreaded countdown of some sort.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'm on the fence. But the delete is probably in my future just for the power gains alone. The mpg is a nice byproduct.

Reactions: pacolino

·
Registered
185 Posts
The delete is a no-brainer unless some un-elected quack starts sniffing around in business that's not his (i.e, emissions checks). It adds power, fuel economy, and will rid you of those headaches from failing emissions control systems.

All you're buying is a tune and a new downpipe. The install is pretty simple.

Reactions: justin13703

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll give the folks and fleece a call tomorrow and get the ball rolling! Not seeing many write-ups with pictures on the delete (found one good one in another forum), so I plan on documenting everything. Stay tuned.

Reactions: justin13703

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't understand how will the car pass NY inspection?
Diesel vehicles weighing 8500 lbs or less are exempt from emissions testing in NYS.

Reactions: Barefeet

·
Registered
533 Posts
New York
Counties: Nassau, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester (New York City metropolitan area)
Vehicles Tested: All model years with more than an 8,501-pound GVWR
Test Type(s): Visual inspection for emissions-equipment tampering, onboard diagnostics (OBD-II) check (if applicable), and a smoke opacity test

Reactions: Barefeet and obermd

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
New York
Counties: Nassau, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester (New York City metropolitan area)
Vehicles Tested: All model years with more than an 8,501-pound GVWR
Test Type(s): Visual inspection for emissions-equipment tampering, onboard diagnostics (OBD-II) check (if applicable), and a smoke opacity test
This is the flaw with all emissions testing - equipment check. My opinion is it doesn't matter what the equipment is as long as the tailpipe emissions are good.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, NYC Metropolitan area require the above, anywhere else in NY is visual and OBDII check.

Reactions: Barefeet
1 - 18 of 18 Posts