Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. new to this forum :)

I need assistance looking for these parts that hold the glove box from falling off. It originally only had 1 clip (bought the car used not too long ago and the clip broke).
the car never came with the Wire spring as displayed in the pictures.
I cant find these parts on the GM OEM parts site or im just not looking for the correctly.
Its the 2 clips and the "Spring Loaded Cord".

any help would be appreciated :)
I got the pics from another post but these are the items I need

2012-05-10_09-24-13_4.jpg 2012-05-10_09-24-18_932.jpg 2012-05-10_09-24-28_440.jpg

·
2,168 Posts

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts

·
2,168 Posts
Those are for Cadillacs. The Cruze uses a shock cord and clip system.
It seems the "Find out if this part fits your car" feature doesn't do anything. Couldn't find any thing else related, and figured GM might have used the same part in multiple models. The more I look at it, the more I believe you are correct and the part I listed above will not fit the Cruze.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
Hello all. new to this forum :)

I need assistance looking for these parts that hold the glove box from falling off. It originally only had 1 clip (bought the car used not too long ago and the clip broke).
the car never came with the Wire spring as displayed in the pictures.
I cant find these parts on the GM OEM parts site or im just not looking for the correctly.
Its the 2 clips and the "Spring Loaded Cord".

any help would be appreciated :)
I got the pics from another post but these are the items I need

View attachment 193666 View attachment 193674 View attachment 193682
Can you provide the reference for the 2 clips and "Spring Loaded Cord" that you found?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts

No.Part #DescriptionList PricePrice
1 95174266 GLOVE BOX ASSY BLACK
$191.95$130.14
1 95935166 GLOVE BOX ASSY COCOA
$186.33$126.33
2 22596346 GLOVE BOX ASSY BUMPER $6.08$4.12
4 95051966 GLOVE BOX DOOR BLACK
$105.87$71.78
4 95051967 GLOVE BOX DOOR COCOA
$134.28$91.04
7 13577963 GLOVE BOX LAMP $5.45$3.70
8 13500832 BULB $3.38$1.91

Whether the above helps or not, good question. There are two clips that guide the door, necessary or the door will jam or fall out, they only show one in the drawing right above that number 4, does have cylinder on it with a rubber sleeve. I think these are the clips you are talking about.

Not listed separately, looks like you have to buy the whole door. or you can make one with small piece of aluminum with a wooden dowel screwed unto it, attach to the door with a couple of small sheet metal screws.

You still may have your spring loaded cord, have to be careful when removing, could snap up into the upper dash area. Not really necessary, has a very light pull as like a counterweight, makes closing the door just a couple of ounces lighter.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Resurrection from the dead!

Anyone know if these are the clips needed?
Nice fine for those that need just these clips. Have to threat these like gold coins.

Ha, I purchased a used P-30 Pace Arrow, really cheap, where's the cruise control handle, oh that broke off years ago, found it under the couch, here it is, works great.

Cruise Handle.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need the part #13was trying to close glove box and driver side clip broke.. Need to know what it is called so I can try to order new one. Plus don't get why they are plastic in the first place.
s-l1600.png

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I need the part #13was trying to close glove box and driver side clip broke.. Need to know what it is called so I can try to order new one. Plus don't get why they are plastic in the first place.
<snip pic>
I checked on three GM parts websites and do not see that part by itself. It was either listed as part of the door, or shown separately but not listed for sale.

I would go to a junk yard.

BTW, you didn't mention your year and trim level, so I used 2013 LT.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked on three GM parts websites and do not see that part by itself. It was either listed as part of the door, or shown separately but not listed for sale.

I would go to a junk yard.

BTW, you didn't mention your year and trim level, so I used 2013 LT.

Doug

Sorry its a 2014 LT . Been searching for 2 weeks. I was lucky to find this diagram. Hard to call dealer for a part when you can't even name the part. Waiting for pull and pay or one of the online salvage yards to get a Chevy Cruze LT . Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you're trying to get the glove box door to stop and not fall down when open, I think you actually need 2 pieces of # 20, not 13.

If you found the broken piece (a square), it may look like # 13, but it's actually # 20..... Mine did the same thing..... I found one at a dealership (PURE LUCK), but I need another one for the other side.
I plan on going to a junk yard in a couple weeks so I can walk around and get the other side AND I need the little rubber pieces that go in the "cups" on the doors... Mine are all gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts