Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I need to refill my windshield fluid because this old one that the guy was using who I purchased from seems to leave irritatingly white marks on the spots where my wipers do not reach (top right corner and left hand side of the windshield looking out). Because the wiper fluid is low enough, there is none I can visually see in the tank and will need to run the pump to empty it.

Does anyone see any foreseeable issue with doing this? I am estimating probably like 2-5 minutes of constant wiper fluid pumping to use all of it and refill with what I have which hopefully runs better and doesn't leave the annoying white water marks on the spots the wipers don't reach. Let me know your idea! Thanks a lot.

Dave

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Nah, I did this to mine when I put in some Rain-X wiper fluid I hated (made wipers chatter). Disconnect the tube to the wipers, lift them off the windshield, and have at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, I did this to mine when I put in some Rain-X wiper fluid I hated (made wipers chatter). Disconnect the tube to the wipers, lift them off the windshield, and have at it.
Hi jblackburn, could you elaborate on what you mean by disconnect the tube to the wipers and lift them off the windshield? What tubes are we talking about?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Hi jblackburn, could you elaborate on what you mean by disconnect the tube to the wipers and lift them off the windshield? What tubes are we talking about?
Washer fluid tube. Runs up the drivers side fender somewhere. I aimed mine straight at the storm drain I park in front of.

Or I guess you can just wash your windshield a ton.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello all,

I need to refill my windshield fluid because this old one that the guy was using who I purchased from seems to leave irritatingly white marks on the spots where my wipers do not reach (top right corner and left hand side of the windshield looking out). Because the wiper fluid is low enough, there is none I can visually see in the tank and will need to run the pump to empty it.

Does anyone see any foreseeable issue with doing this? I am estimating probably like 2-5 minutes of constant wiper fluid pumping to use all of it and refill with what I have which hopefully runs better and doesn't leave the annoying white water marks on the spots the wipers don't reach. Let me know your idea! Thanks a lot.

Dave
They will automatically shut off after 30 seconds(or so) of straight use but to answer your question no. You will have no issues with attempting to run the windshield washer pump for 5 minutes straight.

You could just put a garden hose in it and let it overflow for a few minutes and spray the wipers a few times....seems a lot easier than running the pump for 3-5 minutes straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts