Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2015 LTZ last weekend and it only came with one fob. I tried searching and wasn't really able to find exactly what I need. I need a 5 button that is for a push button start. Are those something I can actually buy and have the dealer program? All the ones I've found so far all say they aren't for push button start models.

I'm afraid to call the dealership about it because I was hoping to do a stereo upgrade instead of spending the entire budget for that on a key.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think as long as you have a working fob, you can program it yourself. I've not tried to buy a replacement fob.

One detail: while you can probably get a fob, getting the key cut to match your lock is going to be a pain. If you want the mechanical key as backup, I think you're pretty much stuck with ordering it from a dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2014 non-push start.

I got my spare key from Batteries and Bulbs Plus. Cost me ~$40 including lazer cutting. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The GM part number for your vehicle is 13586785 it list for 55.26 that doesn't include cutting the key part we charge an additional 16.95 for that. there are some aftrmarket that will sell you something that will work or there is plenty on ebay...
New Gm Key And Remote 13586785

1 - 8 of 8 Posts