Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Need some Cruze expert magic BCM Negative Battery Cable

2292 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Eddy Cruze
I have a 2011 LS Beautiful Cruze which has sadly been sitting on my drive unable to be used for the last three weeks. Firstly one brake light went out followed by the cigarette lighter not working. We replaced the build and fuse to no avail as now the boot/hood won’t close and the doors intermittently won’t open. The car makes all the right sounds when the key fob is pressed though. We sent the BCM for testing and reprogramming and it was perfectly fine. So I am wondering about this negative battery cable issue. Has anyone experienced the same bizarre chain of events? Help...
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I have a 2011 LS Beautiful Cruze which has sadly been sitting on my drive unable to be used for the last three weeks. Firstly one brake light went out followed by the cigarette lighter not working. We replaced the build and fuse to no avail as now the boot/hood won’t close and the doors intermittently won’t open. The car makes all the right sounds when the key fob is pressed though. We sent the BCM for testing and reprogramming and it was perfectly fine. So I am wondering about this negative battery cable issue. Has anyone experienced the same bizarre chain of events? Help...
Is this a U.S. Cruze?

More info here http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html

Reactions: Tomko

· Registered
282 Posts
there is a youtube video that talks about a lot of unrelated electrical problems.. They have replaced a number of fuse boxes (easy to do) and it fixed everything.

Might want to check that out... But I'd start by replacing the battery cables with ones that have a good crimp on the posts and clean connections on the other end.

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
It’s a UK right hand drive.
I’m not sure if this applies to UK models.

Check your VIN number here https://my.gm.com/home to see if your vehicle is affected by the Negative Battery Cable Special Coverage #14311.

You’ll need to set up an account (userid/password) to check your VIN.

Reactions: Blasirl

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,181 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I would also consider installing a big three kit as well. HOW TO: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit

Anther thing to check is the bottom of the positive cable to see if your battery post is leaking. You can tell by the terminal always being corroded. Holy Famunda Batman! There’s a blue fungus among us!

· Premium Member
5,301 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.