Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

2012 Cruze LT owner. 120k miles.

I am trying bypass my check engine light so my automatic (factory) car starter will work.

I've had the check engine light problem fixed by the garage. It was the P0299 Engine Under Boost. However the code keeps appearing. I took it back to the garage and they cannot find the problem. The car runs fine so i'm really not worried about that right now. However i need to get the check engine light off permanently.

I have the tool to reset the codes, however every time i reset its back on the next day. At this point I am just looking for a way to get around the check engine light so i can use my automatic car stater. The factory settings will not let me use the automatic car stater if the check engine light it on.

Anyone know a way around this?

Thank you
DyneHaZ

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sounds like the garage didn't fix the problem. That year had an ECM updated that was supposed to be performed, not sure what your garage did.

·
Super Moderator
7,261 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
There are a few possible causes of the P0299 in the Cruze. The wastegate pivot pin is one. A "vacuum" leak that causes a loss of boost is another.

You can find a few threads on the subject with this link:
P0299 Cruzetalk.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was the problem and it was fixed. However the light still comes on and disappears as it pleases. That's why i as looking for some kind of bypass for the winter months so i can remote start my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still looking to use my factory automatic car stater remote while the check engine light is on.

I just had my car at the garage to get an oil change and 4 new tires. Along with this i had them check my check engine light which was off at the time. The report they came back with was "Intermittent check engine light same turbo codes for over and under boost. HI story no current. Light was not on when checked"

Two days later the light came back on and once again i cannot use my remote start. The below pictures are ones I took today from my own check engine reader.

It's freezing out again and I would really like any knowledge of bypassing the CEL to use the remote start.

I guess every time it comes on, i can shut it off with my CEL reader, however sometimes it comes on overnight.

Any help would be greatly appercated.

Thanks
DyneHaZ

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Unless you can find someone who can reprogram the ECM, you're not gong to be able to bypass it. You'd be better off fixing it. I understand that the turbo can develop a crack around the wastegate pin that will cause underboost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts