Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

2010 JG Cruze.

As I noted in the heading, I'm having to disconnect the battery before I can get any power to my ignition.

As soon as I turn the vehicle off, I suddenly lose all electrics. Not a single light on the dash, clock, or radio.

Disconnecting the neg battery lead for 5 seconds resets something ( I can hear relays ticking over) and the car will give me one "free start"! Once I turn it off, it starts all over again. :cry:

The battery has been checked and the battery lead has been replaced.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ash

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sounds like the BCM could be f'ed. Did it have the BCM grid thingie recall performed on it?

And what does a competent mechanic or auto-electrician say about it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the BCM could be f'ed. Did it have the BCM grid thingie recall performed on it?

Thanks for the reply GRS,

I've just done a bit of googling, and yes, you could be in to something. Many of the symptoms described are what I've experienced including the vehicle not releasing the key and displays flickering etc.

I haven't specifically asked about a BCM, but Holden claims there are no outstanding recalls on my vehicle. But I don't trust them.

What is the grid thingy you refer to?

And what does a competent mechanic or auto-electrician say about it?
My mechanic (not Holden) were in the early stages of investigating it when it suddenly started working again. Now it has sh!t again I'll need quickly get it looked at.

Cheers,

Ash

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,644 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Does the diesel share the ECU's with the 1.8's? @Ash_AU's Cruze is a 1.8 so it seems.
That's a good point, I thought the ECU recall was for all JG Cruzen, but it was a while ago, and it's annoying not being able to check, the letter from GM-H got re-cycled oh so long ago. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts