Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, long time lurker here first time poster. Does anybody know what the side wire/post on the negative battery cable goes to or does? My 16 Cruze got in an accident and my body shop did a real bad job putting in all back together as this "side wire" is really low gauge and looks stripped when you follow it back, I just can't seem to find where it goes to. Granted, I know this cable was a issue with a service bulletin but the 16s were unaffected by it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I believe it goes to the BCM (or maybe it's the ECM). That direct connection helps the BCM measure the actual battery voltage rather than the voltage on the other end of the distribution system. It needs that for the battery saver feature as well as to control the alternator.

There's not much current.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it goes to the BCM (or maybe it's the ECM). That direct connection helps the BCM measure the actual battery voltage rather than the voltage on the other end of the distribution system. It needs that for the battery saver feature as well as to control the alternator.

There's not much current.
Thanks man I appreciate good to know. Out of curiosity then what's the difference been that and the ring that detects the current? Does anyone have a post on how the whole battery system works in the Cruze?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
So if that smaller wire has a break in it or a bad connection to the BCM will this cause the Voltage Regulator to command a lower voltage from the Alternator for system protection? From what I gather from the above comments it appears this smaller wire is very important with regards to the RVC system and will affect the Alternator output and Battery charging quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts