Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Negative Battery Cable

1159 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
So recently I had 46-48psi fuel rail pressure which seem kind of low, replaced the negative battery cable and I’m now at 54-55 psi, hope this helps, knowing psi should be at 58psi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,262 Posts
46 psi is 100% normal at idle. The fuel pressure is controlled to high pressures with given conditions.

Replacing the negative cable was a great preventative step, but I doubt had anything to do with the changing fuel pressure.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
46 psi is 100% normal at idle. The fuel pressure is controlled to high pressures with given conditions.

Replacing the negative cable was a great preventative step, but I doubt had anything to do with the changing fuel pressure.
Changed it as well cause of some subwoofers that just got installed, did help with my lights dimming, have you tried the zzp big 4 cable kit by any chance?

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,185 Posts
Changed it as well cause of some subwoofers that just got installed, did help with my lights dimming, have you tried the zzp big 4 cable kit by any chance?
The big four is for a Sonic, the Cruze uses a big three.

TSB #14311
Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
SB-10089945-2280
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Clean the Terminals
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options
Battery Tab
Both positive and negative battery cables at the battery are torqued to 40 in-lbs
The battery plate nuts are torqued to 106 in-lbs
and the battery hold down arm is torqued to 80 in-lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.