Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the post for the negative jumper cable supposed to go on a 2014‽ The manuals picture is not clear. If someone could send a pic that would be great! And yes, I'm an elderly woman so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
[email protected] is my email.

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,457 Posts
I'm need the jump from another car.
You can hook the negative battery cable to one of the engine lift brackets. The positive cable is would recommend hooking up directly to the battery. The cover over the battery should have an access panel for the terminal.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can also hook battery positive to positive and battery negative to negative, just don't cross them. Learned it that way as a kid from my dad. Been helping or doing it myself that way for 40+ years.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,696 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,696 Posts
You can also hook battery positive to positive and battery negative to negative, just don't cross them. Learned it that way as a kid from my dad. Been helping or doing it myself that way for 40+ years.
Assuming you connect the cable clamps in the correct order, the reason you would normally not want to connect the negative cable directly to the battery is because the spark that occurs (more times than not) when the cable is connected, can ignite the hydrogen fumes that may be around the battery. This is usually found on wet cell batteries, but if the battery case has a leak, well then...

Product Rectangle Font Material property Circle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts