Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has a 2015 RS. She also has about 87,000 on it, and I'm betting the dealership didn't even check for a missing check valve in the intake manifold because they know the next time the valve cover goes bad, she will be out of warranty and she will be stuck with the bill.

I told her when she gets home, I will check the intake manifold for her to see if the check valve is missing.

If it is, what's the best way to handle this? Or do you think the dealership will tell her to go pound salt?

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Hmmm, I notice that bulletin is only for the 2011-2014 Cruze. I believe she has a 2015. Is there something different about the 2015 and the check valve in the intake manifold that doesnt apply?
Nope. There should be an updated copy of the service bulletin if they spend 1 minute looking for it.

·
17,479 Posts
There you go! I'm glad it's actually a recall now. TSBs can be harder to find.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
17,479 Posts
It's still not a recall FYI and dealerships want to fix things correctly, WAY to much money tied up in CSI and surveys.
Ah, you're right. I didn't realize NHTSB started picking up TSBs now. Should make it easier to find for the general public that way with a quick Google search, at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts