Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Im a relatively new Cruze owner, having bought mine about 10 months ago (okay, not that new),
but I just registered here after occasionally lurking as a guest.

Love that there is a pretty active Cruze community.:goodjob:

I live in Southern California, but have yet to go to a Cruze meet. (not much to show from me) But I'd love to see all the sweet Cruzes here and beyond.

Believe it or not, I traded in a Scion FR-S (2013) Manual for this car.:signs053:
There were a lot of reasons behind that, some financial, some practical.

But other than the <5% of the time I am in the canyons, I actually like the Cruze a lot more! :3tens:

Seeing all the nicely modded Cruzes has inspired me to mod the car more! I think power is the first thing I will address :th_salute:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome! Did you get the Eco manual or automatic? Just curious!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gracious for the warm welcome everybody!

Welcome! Did you get the Eco manual or automatic? Just curious!
Thanks-

While I wanted the manual (coming from a manual 2nd car), and test drove it, the shifter (and clutch more) wasn't that much to my liking, perhaps cause it was way different than the FR-S.

I was still gonna get the 6MT figuring I'd get used to it, but I got the car at a time when it was the last 2014 in the area so there were huge discounts. And while I kinda wish it was a stick, being in LA traffic 75% of the time has made me not regret the choice, since its DD.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

I love the comfort, many features (back up cam, blind spot warning, reverse CTA, XM Radio, big touchscreen that is fairly responsive, etc.)Onstar locking from phone and remote start are also cool. The red interior to match the exterior is lovely and gets many compliments.

Really like the gas mileage, even though Ive only been seeing about 27 combined. You could attribute that to my driving style (which I really only ever go above 4500rpm when I'm in a hurry or up a hill) and the not-friendly-for-gas area of California. So far Ive been using top tier 87 gas though. Even with the SRI, I didn't notice a difference in acceleration or MPG (but the sound is great). I do have an extra ~25ish pounds of audio equipment.
I am thinking of making the change to 91 octane.. but gas here is still relatively expensive (compared to most areas of the US), with 87 still over $2/gallon. I am gonna do about 3-5 full 91 top tier gas fillups and see if I notice a change... hopefully I do in power AND mileage!

This is just the third (well 3 1/2) turbo car Ive owned. And as much as I love high revving NA engines (8000rpm redline in previous Si, 7000 in previous FR-S, and 7500 in the G37), I really really like low end torque.. and turbo noises.. and flat torque curves, and easier HP (and more) to be gained aftermarket. Previously owned a 2011 Juke that gained ~30hp with just CAI and Exhaust. (despite the looks, that car handled really well) Also had a 2011 Kia Optima SX 2.0T.. really liked that car (but I got it right when it came out, and so a year later, traded it for the G37 cause I wanted more driving fun, I only lost 11% in depreciation (!). Owning that car, black, with wheels during that year when it was relatively unseen and unknown, garnered so much praise and interest, even from BMW owners). It was also the first car I owned that was fully loaded. The turbo engine in that car was GREAT. I also have a 2009 Genesis Coupe (it was out in MY 2009 there) in South Korea.. fun, but the lackluster HP isnt that inspiring..an automatic with it doesnt help. But I still loved the sound of the BOV i put on the car.
I barely ever go to Seoul anymore (once every 1-2 years for only couple weeks) so its pretty much my stepdad's toy.

I think my next car will be something like a Focus RS or upcoming Civic Type R. I really miss having a stick shift car (as well as a great handling one-G37 long wheelbase and weight dont help it much in the canyon roads here) Or at least a Focus ST, VW GTI, perhaps the upcoming Si (the new 2016 normal civic has gotten high praise for its handling) Edit: never owned an AWD car before! I really want one. So Focus RS, VW golf R, or WRX will probably be the top choices

1 - 11 of 11 Posts