New car, new forum I suppose! I've been researching cars over the past week or so and decided to pick up a 2016 Cruze LT this weekend. The reasons were:
- My previous car, an 05 Nissan Altima, was dying on me. Already dumped ~$600-700 in repairs on it, and another ~$400-500 was needed. Not worth the costs imo.
- Wanted to downsize from a mid-sized sedan since I didn't need the room and wanted better MPG.
- Needed something with a bit of power, due to a hilly commute (so, that rules out the Sentra).
- Wanted something with a quiet ride (ruling out the Mazda3).
- Wanted something that looked nice and was interesting (ruling out the Civic/Corolla).
- Various review sites gave the current Cruze good overall scores
I was even lucky enough to find one in an interesting color. Didn't want another boring monochrome paint scheme, and I found that a dealer in the next city over was receiving a Cruze in Kinetic Blue Metallic color(!). Unfortunately, I won't be able to have it until it arrives sometime this week (sometime between Monday and Wednesday, I'm told). But until then I get to have a loaner Cruze in the meantime.
Funny enough, I only found out about this forum when I was Googl'ing about what octane fuel to use in it (curious, since it does have a turbo and I know about knock). Apparently, that's a... heated topic lol.