Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

New car, new forum I suppose! I've been researching cars over the past week or so and decided to pick up a 2016 Cruze LT this weekend. The reasons were:

• My previous car, an 05 Nissan Altima, was dying on me. Already dumped ~$600-700 in repairs on it, and another ~$400-500 was needed. Not worth the costs imo.
  • Wanted to downsize from a mid-sized sedan since I didn't need the room and wanted better MPG.
  • Needed something with a bit of power, due to a hilly commute (so, that rules out the Sentra).
  • Wanted something with a quiet ride (ruling out the Mazda3).
  • Wanted something that looked nice and was interesting (ruling out the Civic/Corolla).
  • Various review sites gave the current Cruze good overall scores

I was even lucky enough to find one in an interesting color. Didn't want another boring monochrome paint scheme, and I found that a dealer in the next city over was receiving a Cruze in Kinetic Blue Metallic color(!). Unfortunately, I won't be able to have it until it arrives sometime this week (sometime between Monday and Wednesday, I'm told). But until then I get to have a loaner Cruze in the meantime.

Funny enough, I only found out about this forum when I was Googl'ing about what octane fuel to use in it (curious, since it does have a turbo and I know about knock). Apparently, that's a... heated topic lol.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome! Funny, had you been talking about the previous gen Cruze most of us would have chuckled at the "more power" comment. The new Cruze got a little power boost from the previous gen though! Don't forget to post some pics when you take delivery!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome bro. :)

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
welcome to the forum I have the same color on mine i love it you will get alot of comments on the color

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any first impressions with the loaner so far?
Well, I just returned it yesterday since my Cruze finally arrived at the dealership.

My impressions are that it drives like a small car; it feels a lot like my sister's '12 Hyundai Elantra but with a better suspension and more visibility. The leather could be nicer (though my only other recent experience with leather is in the '11 Toyota Alavon, so I don't think it's fair to compare against that). I thought it was a fine car, though personally I like the styling of the 2nd gen more.

Speaking of, I just put about 200 miles on my car once I got it, and so far I'm loving every bit of it. The color is beautiful, the outer styling is fantastic (even though some people complain it looks like every other compact now), and imo it drives a lot nicer than the 1st gen (it feels like a mid-size on the road). Miss the leather steering wheel on the loaner though, since my car has the regular plastic/vinyl wheel and I'm not such a huge fan of those (but I'm not shelling out $$$ for that package).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, I just returned it yesterday since my Cruze finally arrived at the dealership.

My impressions are that it drives like a small car; it feels a lot like my sister's '12 Hyundai Elantra but with a better suspension and more visibility. The leather could be nicer (though my only other recent experience with leather is in the '11 Toyota Alavon, so I don't think it's fair to compare against that). I thought it was a fine car, though personally I like the styling of the 2nd gen more.

Speaking of, I just put about 200 miles on my car once I got it, and so far I'm loving every bit of it. The color is beautiful, the outer styling is fantastic (even though some people complain it looks like every other compact now), and imo it drives a lot nicer than the 1st gen (it feels like a mid-size on the road). Miss the leather steering wheel on the loaner though, since my car has the regular plastic/vinyl wheel and I'm not such a huge fan of those (but I'm not shelling out $$$ for that package).
You could go with something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Superior-58-0600B-Superskin-Steering-Genuine/dp/B00029KA8G
I had one (don't remember what brand) on an Acura I once owned and it lasted for years and looked sharp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.