Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got a new 2016 lt rs with the eco tec. Been about a week with the car.. i like it so far.. nice gas mileage and smooth ride. coming from a tuned 335i im kind of itching for some extra power. Been reading about the the trifecta tune and air intakes. Would like to look into getting these so long as its a safe modding route.. Look forward to see what everyone thinks!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome! As far as tunes go, Trifecta has had some customer service issues over the years and a lot of people don't recommend them anymore. I have a Trifecta tune and haven't really had any issues with it, but I've decided I want to get more out of my car so I'm switching over to a tune from Bad News Racing. Jerry at BNR actually tunes to your specific car and your requests rather than just a canned tune that everyone gets. Not saying Trifecta is bad necessarily, but the BNR tune is worth looking in to! As for the air intake, in all honesty they do nothing for performance on these cars. They do get you some cool turbo noises so if that's what you're looking for then by all means get yourself an intake. If you're looking for horspower or MPG gains, save your money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks for the info.. ill have to look into bnr tunes as well then! I just want a safe tune with out any issues.. i dont want to void the warranty either. And yes i really do want that intake noise. Haha.. coming from a twin turbo 6. Lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've heard good news about BNR tunes lately. And yes, gots to have the turbo noise, so get a CAI or SRI, ditch the resonator! I also deleted the muffler and went straight pipe to the back with a tip, sounds good, not too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Thanks for the info! I wonder if i should let my car break in a little before i mod. Only has less than 300 miles. Ha

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll start to love the gas mileage more than you miss the power.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Ecotec is the line of engines and all 2009-2015 (2016 Limited) Cruze have engines in this line.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Welcome to CT! Kinda did the opposite of you. Had a 2011 Cruze ECO 6MT and traded for a 2014 320i 6MT /sport suspension. Way less power than a tuned 335i but nice balance between performance and economy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh wow. No kidding.. cool.. loved the 335i but i had no warranty and couple things started going wrong and it scared me what the future would hold. Bmw maintenace is extremely expensive without warranty. Ha. I dodged a bullet with mine. Long story short i left the cover off under the hood where my tuner was and it got wet in there and fried the ecu. 5600 in repairs. Luckily got insurance to cover it.. whoo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts