Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
So I'm thinking when I replace the tires of getting BF Goodrich with raised white letters.

Just wondering if anyone likes the old school tires?

Greg

I always tell the tire shop to turn the white letters to the inside...I can't stand white letters on my tires...just my opinion though

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most of us muscle car owners, have BFG radial T/A tires on our cars. They are a good tire. I do have them (245R60x15), white letters showing, on my '72 Buick GS.

·
Registered
559 Posts
So I'm thinking when I replace the tires of getting BF Goodrich with raised white letters.

Just wondering if anyone likes the old school tires?

Greg
While I would not do it on my car, I think going old school on the raised white letters would look fine. Especially with the taller sidewalls of the 16". If you keep em clean, I like the look.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks great on muscle cars and trucks but in my opinion i think it would look terrible on the cruze. But thats my opinion, its your ride do whatever appeals to you.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...didn't J.C.Whitney sell "stick-on" rubber letters that adhere to rubber tires so you can make your own "words"?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks great on muscle cars and trucks but in my opinion i think it would look terrible on the cruze. But thats my opinion, its your ride do whatever appeals to you.
i agree.
it took me 3 years to convince my dad, when he purchased his 2nd last new car in 2001, to not buy whitewalls.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
OP did you ever go with WRL tires. I was thinking of this for replacement 16" tires too. Would it make our cruze look like a Nascar. Any pics if you did?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Raised white letters? Heck , I want some white wall tires, and some curb feelers.

I'll be digging the scene with the gangster lean as I'm driving down the rood too.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
No Tim, back away from the Google search bar!

Agreed they look good on some vehicles. Usually for me with newer cars, it's fine if it came like that from the factory. Point being, I have them out on my Excursion, that's how it was new. Granted the wording is small and doesn't look trashy. My grandpa had them put out when he got new tires on his Mountaineer. It didn't have them out from the factory, and it just looks really weird now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Was just thinking of something different. Theres just so much sidewall with the 16" tires. Ok will search for some new wheels instead. Just so many choices with wheels.

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Raised white letters? Heck , I want some white wall tires, and some curb feelers.

I'll be digging the scene with the gangster lean as I'm driving down the rood too.
Dont forget the switches for that 3 wheel roll.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts