Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here with a '17 cruze lt automatic in summit white.
I traded my dream car for the cruze since I couldn't afford to keep it on the road. I had a 2010 wrx sedan with over 400whp. Not a good combo with a stock block and stock 5 speed transmission.we'll leave it at that.

I needed something new. Needed something practical. Needed something with a warranty. So I traded in for the cruze. I still miss the 4.2 second 0 to 60 but that's about it. I'm really enjoying my cruze. It doesn't blow head gaskets or overheat while climbing some of the 3000ft mountains where I live like the subaru did lol. Actually it trucks right up them well. And it really carves the twisties. It's very smooth and doesn't chatter my teeth.

I picked a prebuilt car out of the dealer lot so I didn't get to choose options. It came with the 6 speaker audio/infotainment.
I might change some of the styling on the exterior. Maybe combine some elements from the rs.I already ordered a spoiler, black badges, stainless sill plates, and mud guards.

My only complaint so far is the shifting. It would downshift going up the mountain then fail to upshift going downhill. Also it fell on its face when I stepped on it to pull out in traffic. I'm going to give it a bit to learn my driving style idk.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Big difference, but welcome aboard. I know it's quite a bit different, but I came from an 06 300c, and I missed the power and size at first, but I loved my 14 Cruze so much, I traded it for a 16 new generation. I'm loving the new Cruze a lot. Have a great time!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
I have heard many horror stories about [turbo] Subarus and yours seems to about par for the course. It baffles me that they STILL soldier on with the same problems/powertrains despite their issues.

The auto transmission has some pretty helpful grade programming...it will hold lower gears as you ascend and then start back down the other side of a hill until you accelerate gently and tell it you're ok with the speed increase, at which point it will shift back up a gear or two. If you don't like what it's doing, you can always move it to 'L4/5/6 mode' and tell it what gear you'd like it to be in.

The Gen 2 Cruzes are amazing little hill climbers for what they are. I drove through relatively hilly WV with only a single downshift from mine, and that was because I booted it to get around a truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts