1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wow i love those wheels. Especially in matte black

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
considering the LTZ wheels are ~26 pounds thats not to bad.

Reactions: SneakerFix

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
If seen those if not very similar ones on some Korean Cruzes. Look really nice but I hope you have a 2lt at least.

Did you get a quote yet?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cruze 1LT with Tech and Convenience Pkgs.
349 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh, and for an 18"... 20 pounds is about where you want to be for weight...less is good, more isn't bad, but if you're looking for a decent wheel that isn't super lightweight. I look at anything lighter than the stock LTZ wheel, but try to keep the weight around 22 pounds max for an 18".

Reactions: SneakerFix

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If seen those if not very similar ones on some Korean Cruzes. Look really nice but I hope you have a 2lt at least.

Did you get a quote yet?
I have a 2LT if you're talking to me. I'm guessing since it's a new wheel, they will want more. Will probably in the $1K range. It's a nice wheel but still not the one I really want. I'm getting to the point where I'm looking into 1" 5x114.3 adapters and a +45 18x8 wheel and seeing if they will stick out beyond the fender. I'm guessing it will be but worth the try.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It would surprise me if those were over $800. Maybe the Boss wheels are marked up a bit higher than their MSR line, but they sure shouldn't be over $200 a wheel. The adapter with an 18x8 45et will definitely stick out past the fender. Something like what I posted on page one is a 18x8 with a 35et and that might poke if you were to get a different bolt pattern with adapter, but not nearly as bad as the 45et.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You're correct, I'm not thinking straight tonight. My apologies.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a 2LT if you're talking to me. I'm guessing since it's a new wheel, they will want more. Will probably in the $1K range. It's a nice wheel but still not the one I really want. I'm getting to the point where I'm looking into 1" 5x114.3 adapters and a +45 18x8 wheel and seeing if they will stick out beyond the fender. I'm guessing it will be but worth the try.

What wheels are you looking for? The 18x8 +35 and the 18x9 +38 will be flush well I mean the tires will be flush with the body. Needs a spacer for my taste.

But a 18x8 +45 with an 20mm adapter = +25 offset would look ok if the wheel has a nice sized lip and the car low you'll need a roll and pull on the front and a roll in the rear depending on the tire. A 1"adapter isn't a good idea on the cruze.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Has anyone found where these wheels can be purchased?

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I don't want to sit here and call Boss crappy but I have my reservations now. My 19" didn't hold up to this past winter's pot holes. When spring came and DOT didn't fix the pot holes I nailed one and it cracked/bent my rim... so pissed. I suppose if you're not running extremely low pros, like I was, and also not driving on crappy roads you'd be fine.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Anyone find any websites that carry these wheels?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Okay just so you all can put your questions to rest I spoke with my wheel rep today and he called the manufacture direct to get me these wheels this morning and here is the bad news. Although they have the listed bolt pattern for our Cruze on there main website American Eagle Wheel Corporation under Boss Motorsports 353 wheel they are not and will not drill the Cruze pattern 5x105 until the end of the year if that. They have not yet decided if they want to make the drill pattern so I am assuming if they have enough interest then they will do it and release it around January 2015. I was not able to have them custom drill one for me even though I said I would pay so with that said not sure there is much else good news on these. If anyone is looking at Concave I still feel the best bet is sticking with Forgestar. Sorry guys I guess they got our hopes up a little too early.

·
Registered
481 Posts
This is bad news! I love the style of these wheels

1 - 20 of 23 Posts