Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

My name's Chris. My wife and I just traded in our 2005 Dodge SRT-4 last week for a 2011 Crystal Red Tintcoat Cruze Eco 6sp manual.

Was the last 2011 on the lot and got a great deal on it from our dealer which we have now bought 5 cars off of.

The SRT was lightly modded but for now we are happy with the stock Cruze (Our son takes priority over modding).

Tint was just done yesterday for a slightly different look and privacy.

Hope you enjoy and thanks! Looking forward to getting to know people on here.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow you went from a 2.4L turbo to a 1.4L turbo. From a 0-60 time of ~5.6s to (7, 8 or 9s depending on who you talk to lol)

So how is the difference in feel of the 2 cars? Are you happier with the Cruze? Any pics of the SRT-4 for comparison? The Cruze is a beauty in that color. Same color as mine. Cept mine is an LT so different wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow you went from a 2.4L turbo to a 1.4L turbo. From a 0-60 time of ~5.6s to (7, 8 or 9s depending on who you talk to lol)

So how is the difference in feel of the 2 cars? Are you happier with the Cruze? Any pics of the SRT-4 for comparison? The Cruze is a beauty in that color. Same color as mine. Cept mine is an LT so different wheels.
Yeah, the change in power is DRASTIC! No more 2nd gear pulls by people or the sound of the blow-off @ 17PSI of boost but I'm getting almost 2x the fuel economy. The interior is much nicer and more comfortable and the ride feels much smoother than on the SRT suspension.

Having the power was awesome but the car was starting to need some maintenance and I'm at a point where a reliable and comfortable car is more important than just raw power.

Here a couple pics I dug up at different points the last couple years. The silver Cobalt is now my daily driver on my 25 mile each way commute.

Her black wheels and plasti-dipped front end days:

Stock Look w/gold days:

Car is now for sale here:
Bergeys Auto Group- Pennsylvania New & Used Car Dealerships

1 - 9 of 9 Posts