Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been casually looking at cars online for the past couple months. I had a 2006 Chevy Impala with 111,000 miles, and was looking to trade it in on something newer. Once I settled on a Cruze, I would browse this forum daily, checking out everyone's cars and reading their reviews.

Last weekend, I bought a 2014 LTZ RS with Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior and Cocoa/Light Neutral leather interior. Initially I intended to find a used, low-mileage Cruze, but my requirements included the LTZ/RS package, keyless ignition and satellite radio. I was unable to find all these options in a local, used car, so I bought my first-ever brand new car. The only feature I wanted but didn't get is navigation. But, for me, that would be more of a novelty that I likely would rarely use; the few times I've needed navigation, I use Google Maps on my smartphone.

So far the only modification I've done is replacing the stock antenna with The Stubby from Cravenspeed. I plan getting the windows tinted soon.

The smartphone mount pictured is this one; I also have the cd player mount discussed here. I'm not sure which one I'll stick with.

After a week of driving the Cruze, I am really enjoying it. Specifically I like the keyless ignition and blind spot alert system. I only have a couple small complaints. I wish there was some sort of four-way/joystick controls that would allow more control of the MyLink system from the steering wheel. And the front fascia is so low that I'm afraid I'll eventually scrape it on a curb while parking; I'll have to be extra careful, I guess.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Yes, it does scrape on things when parking so just learn how long she is and don't pull in too far. Best to just back in to spots anyways, I assume you have backup camera. Anyways, welcome to CT and welcome to the Cruze! Love that red, and the RS package is a must (that I don't have and regret to this day.) If you are doing lots of highway driving, look into the Trifecta tune. Really livens up the 1.4 and smoothes out the shifting a bit. Happy cruzing, thanks for the great pics!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Welcome to Cruze Talk! Congrats on the new Cruze. I LOVE the interior of your Cruze. It's beautiful. :coolpics: Send me a PM at anytime.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Beautiful color choice!

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Beautiful car, sir! I've never once scraped the bottom of my bumper, because I always back into parking spots when possible.

That said, it doesn't scrape going off the end of the driveway like my dad's MKZ does.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,320 Posts
Beautiful car, sir! I've never once scraped the bottom of my bumper, because I always back into parking spots when possible.

That said, it doesn't scrape going off the end of the driveway like my dad's MKZ does.
Mine does! And it's a non-RS. Something to watch out for ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have the same car but since it's the wife's and we just traded in a red Ford Focus SES, she wanted a different color. So far, we have 148 miles on the odometer and love it.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have the same car but since it's the wife's and we just traded in a red Ford Focus SES, she wanted a different color. So far, we have 148 miles on the odometer and love it.
At that rate you'll need to top off the tank once a month, heh heh.........stop polishing and drive it.....you'll like it even more!

Rob

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the sweet ride.

Better get some tint before the heat comes back. Got any plans for it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts