Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a different dealer for my last free service. Saw a demo 2014 Cruze CTD sitting on the showroom floor. Didn't get the miles, but it was new and discounted down to $21,800. It is Rainforest Green. Can't find it listed on their website, but someone that wants more information can always call. I have no financial interest with the dealer, just putting it out there.

First State Chevrolet in Georgetown, DE | Dover Chevrolet Source

First State Chevrolet in Georgetown, Delaware.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If I had the money and space I would buy them all. Yes, I am serious. No, I don't have the money and space, so I guess I'll just stick with one. For now. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had the money and space I would buy them all. Yes, I am serious. No, I don't have the money and space, so I guess I'll just stick with one. For now. :)
I actually wouldn't mind another one. Not nuts about green, but suppose it would grow on me. It is equipped exactly the same as the one I have, so that's cool. I have to wonder why it's still there after all this time. Does that mean that folks just aren't warming up to a diesel car?

·
2,170 Posts
I'd love to see a base diesel version, or something like a 1LT with the 2.0L CTD for closer to the 20k mark.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to see a base diesel version, or something like a 1LT with the 2.0L CTD for closer to the 20k mark.
I think a lot of people agree that if the current CTD model was less equipped it might have sold better. A manual trans would have been fun, especially given the amount of torque that the 2.0 makes. In any case, I think that the one at this dealer was priced very well, given the options it has.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The green wasn't my favorite color, the price could be negotiated much lower.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind another one. Not nuts about green, but suppose it would grow on me. It is equipped exactly the same as the one I have, so that's cool. I have to wonder why it's still there after all this time. Does that mean that folks just aren't warming up to a diesel car?
The problem is that nobody knows the car exists. This is still true almost 3 years after it came out. All the time I hear "I didn't know Chevy made a diesel Cruze!"

·
Registered
747 Posts
The problem is that nobody knows the car exists. This is still true almost 3 years after it came out. All the time I hear "I didn't know Chevy made a diesel Cruze!"
Agreed. I've heard that twice just this week - once at the filling station and once at the tire shop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed. I've heard that twice just this week - once at the filling station and once at the tire shop.
You guys are probably right! I've been questioned several times while fueling..."Sir, do you know that is diesel?".

·
Registered
52 Posts
:eek:ccasion14:So true fueled the other day next to 2003 tdi rough lookin asked the guy about mileage 43 on a good it was an auto right at 190000 I think he said. They make a diesel he say yes I reply 2 years ago they started building them did not no that Hmmm. Miss informed public I would say.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I have a feeling we were testers and you'll see lots of marketing on gm's whisper diesel in the 2017 model. Especially if vw still can't get their emissions problem fixed.

Reactions: KpaxFAQ
1 - 11 of 11 Posts