Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else hear back from Trifecta about the new tune? I did: I am thinking I am better off staying with the old Select a Tune I have currently installed! They say there are a couple of different options but strongly suggest 1
Here is what they told me:

The new update adds Select-A-Tune back in to the calibration.
There are two modes to choose from with Select-A-Tune now. You will need to let us know which you choose:
ECO/Tour or Stock+/Tour. Both have Tour (performance mode) but they differ with the stock setting. ECO is basically a dumbed down version of stock, intended for the super conservative MPG's savings minded people.
Stock+ is basically a fancy name for the regular GM Stock mode. I would hazard to guess that most, 90% at least, of customers will go for the Stock+/Tour option.
We just need you to confirm your VIN and a list of any engine mods so I can put you on a list for the update.
Almost sounds like the ECO/Tour has less power than the stock tune: So don't bother! As I said I will probably stay with my current Select a Tune or go back stock?

Thoughts? Maybe they are trying too improve what cannot be improved ! IMO

·
10,711 Posts
Last I heard is they wanted to run a few more tests for manual trans at least. It's a free to you update all you gotta do is take time out of your life to click download and then put it to the car. The new files are quicker to load than the old select a tune files.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I went for the stock+/tour update.

Waiting for them to get it ready.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I went with the ECO/tour version. They said if I don't like it I can get the other one at a later date. They said they would have it this week for me, so that leaves tomorrow for them. I'm hoping they get it tomorrow. I'm excited.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gotta do is take time out of your life to click download and then put it to the car.
You said it all there! IDK I am getting tired of messing with all the various tunes. Almost considering going back stock and saying all "**** with it" Tired of feeling like a guinea pig with a car(esp a relatively new model car)! I just want a car that runs good. As I said b4: Maybe the ECO MT is the wrong car for where I live and I have the wrong expectations!

·
Registered
270 Posts
michael contacted me through the wot website and my previous ticket, which is awesome that he would even bother since i hadnt yet requested an update, but of course, i dont check that site daily... but i did eventually and he has me in line for the eco/tour version of the tune. my only concern is that since one direction of my commute is all uphill, that the eco tune might not have enough umph to make it up the hills without needing to downshift, but i guess we will see! ill give it a shot, even though my current PAL version is pretty good, i still feel the pedal having that rigid edge between the eco and performance modes. since installing my first tune, i pretty much have come to accept that i will have a hit to my MPGs, so im thinking the stock+/tour might end up being the best option. ill wait for the eco version first tho and see what happens when i hit those inclines...

the only thing i would say about your case patman is that you dont have to update, its just being offered... so if you are/were happy with your original tune, i dont think theres any reason you would be forced to update at all anyways... i think the updates are more for the people who didnt like the PAL tune or just recently bought the tune, or wish to update their tune with the newest version.

·
10,711 Posts
I went back stock for unrelated issues and there is a onramp I been accelerating to the speed of traffic on everyday. w/o tune I come up 20 mph short by the time I hit the top of the hill. Not an official 35-70 but it really did make a difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went back stock for unrelated issues and there is a on-ramp I been accelerating to the speed of traffic on everyday. w/o tune I come up 20 mph short by the time I hit the top of the hill. Not an official 35-70 but it really did make a difference.

I was thinking about the loss of acceleration but as long as I use the gears I can keep up. I have been back and forth for that reason also. I will probably check the new tune out and I am just being too negative(I think it is my medication). You see I am posting in the middle of the night. Haven't been able to sleep recently

·
Registered
660 Posts
I was thinking about the loss of acceleration but as long as I use the gears I can keep up. I have been back and forth for that reason also. I will probably check the new tune out and I am just being too negative(I think it is my medication). You see I am posting in the middle of the night. Haven't been able to sleep recently
I hear ya doodz. I've been all over the place from my accident. Between various levels of pain, finding out I have torn discs and going on and off medication, my body is all over the place and doesn't know how to react/what to do half the time.

·
10,711 Posts
Eco/tour seems to be best as it's going to be the easiest tune to use when shifting gears. I literally couldn't stand catching the passengers move when I shift or lift throttle out the corner of my eye. Makes me feel like I'm not driving my car right.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Interesting, I wasn't asked to choose, but I was told that it won't be available until next week.

I'll send them a message to specify.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Interesting, I wasn't asked to choose, but I was told that it won't be available until next week.

I'll send them a message to specify.
You get no choice beard man!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
You get no choice beard man!
Hold on there Baba Looey, y'all got me all confused now!

Oh well, I sent the request for Eco/Tour anyway.

Poor Michael will be like WTF.

Reactions: Dvan5693

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Eco/tour seems to be best as it's going to be the easiest tune to use when shifting gears. I literally couldn't stand catching the passengers move when I shift or lift throttle out the corner of my eye. Makes me feel like I'm not driving my car right.
Nothing like a dashboard to the face :D

Reactions: Merc6 and Dvan5693

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
We're supposed to be more concerned with boobies here.

But maybe that subject is just too overrated.
Unless they're really tall :D I like the short ones :p

Reactions: Dvan5693

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Michael now has me down for the Eco/tour combo, so there must be something to it. He also said it may be another week or two due to the last minute adjustments and high demand.

I asked him to confirm how the Eco/tour combo works just so I know it's what I want.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
660 Posts
You guys lost me at boobs

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
You guys lost me at boobs
Well, that's better than losing boobs.

Anywho, Michael just confirmed my question:

"So it should kind of be like before, so an epic Eco tune with the cruise switch on, and a baller performance mode with smooth power delivery when the cruise switch is off?"

"Hello,

Correct! That's exactly what we did only we retained the power gains we achieved on the PAL version. So best of both worlds

Thanks,
Michael"

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts