Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2016 Cruze 4000 miles..just started downshifting really hard when around 40mph been to dealer says normal.. There's no way it normal..any help??

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Got a 2016 Cruze 4000 miles..just started downshifting really hard when around 40mph been to dealer says normal.. There's no way it normal..any help??
Hi Brpcwb,

We're so sorry that you're experiencing downshifting concerns with your new Cruze! I understand how frustrating it can be to have concerns with such a new vehicle. We'd be happy to look into this further for you. If interested, please send us a private message.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one else been driving the crude other than me...drove great with no problems till 3 days ago...

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
40mph downshift from 6th to 5th gear can sometimes be a bit abrupt if you were on the throttle while still slowing down past the shift point. I suspect you dealer might be correct that nothing is wrong. The reason this is the first time you noticed its the first time you were slowing down while also still on the gas pedal.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Gen 1 (Limited) or Gen 2? I'd like to move this to the appropriate "Service Issues" forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spacedout.. What I don't understand is it never did it anyother time and I've been driving the same way for ever...and it shifts hard no matter if I'm pushing gas or letting it coast to a stop....

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Gen 1 2016 Chevy Cruze Lt Limited 1.8 Turbo
The 1.8 doesn't come in a Turbo version. The LT is a 1.4 Turbo. Thread moved to Service Issues 1.4T forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts