Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I just purchased a new 2017 Cruze LT with the RS package 3 weeks ago and have driven 630 miles. I m still getting use to auto stop. This week it seems like its behaving a little differently, but maybe since its been warmer out. my first week it last about 2 minutes before it would start back up, but this week seems to turn back on after about 15-20 seconds, I was looking at the battery voltage this week and noticed when in auto stop the battery voltage drops from ~ 14 somewhat quickly and when it hits around 12.2 the engine kicks back on. Thinking this is probably normal the one thing that still gets me with auto stop is when I m parking my car it goes into auto stop but then shifting to park the engine starts back up, seems funny that it would crank back up since then I m just shutting off the car but looking over owner's manual this is normal. I have one silly question to ask and I know I should just call up the dealer, but feeling weird to ask. I was looking at the light controls knob at the start of the week noticed that it looks like it should have led light up in the knob similar to how the fan controls and I was playing with the knob changing its positions and turning on the fog lamps but did not notice the light illuminate so was wondering if this should be lighting up or it supposed to be off?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

If I understand your question, the fog or driving light symbol lights up in the instrument cluster.

Adding some paragraph breaks to make the post easier to read would help also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I will work on that next time. Thank You for the welcome. I did answered my own question last night. Since yesterday night was the first time I drove my new Cruze at night, when I looked down at the light knob the indicator was a soft white, which explains why I was not seeing it during the day light. I was thinking it would be amber

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Unless you see any check engine lights, pretty much everything your brand new Cruze does in the next 12 months will be perfectly normal. It's going to take you some time to get used to all the quirks and details of your new vehicle compared to your old one. They all have personalities and you have to take the time to get to know them. Since you're like me and you pay attention to every little noise and function of your vehicle, you'll get acquainted with it pretty quick.

The computer takes a wide spectrum of information into consideration when making decisions about auto stop/start. I don't have much experience with it but from what I've been reading the Cruze's stop/start tech is pretty solid. (I still kind of wish there was a button to turn it off if you think its necessary) You'll have to post some pics of the car when you get the time, enjoy!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Welcome. Normal for it to restart quickly to kick the A/C back on if it's pretty hot outside. Eco A/C mode (green light) will wait to restart a bit longer.

There is no light on the headlight knob.

Shutting off before you move it to park is annoying. I've gotten in the habit of dropping to L in parking lots or N as I roll into the parking space. If you're quick with it, you can catch it before it shuts off. FYI, if you ever want to disable auto-stop (i.e. stop and go traffic), shift to L and thumb up to L6. It will run through the gears normally, but won't shut off.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Having seen the actual color of your car those pictures simply don't do it justice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Getting my Cruze Hatchback tomorrow morning.... not liking the start/stop thingy theoretically speaking, but it seems it can be bypassed by dropping into 1st before braking. Kinda defeats the auto transmission convenience, but that might be useful in stop'n'go traffic.

I liked the test drive a whole lot & never really thought about it until it was too late, lol. i won't pass judgement on it until I experience it 1st hand. There were times in any other car I owned, that I would shut off the engine anyways, like long train waits.....so.....

Guess it will take some real-world driving to find out.....Seems like a great little car, will soon find out!

·
17,488 Posts
Getting my Cruze Hatchback tomorrow morning.... not liking the start/stop thingy theoretically speaking, but it seems it can be bypassed by dropping into 1st before braking. Kinda defeats the auto transmission convenience, but that might be useful in stop'n'go traffic.

I liked the test drive a whole lot & never really thought about it until it was too late, lol. i won't pass judgement on it until I experience it 1st hand. There were times in any other car I owned, that I would shut off the engine anyways, like long train waits.....so.....

Guess it will take some real-world driving to find out.....Seems like a great little car, will soon find out!
Leave it in L6 mode. Switch back to D when you want it to shut off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Leave it in L6 mode. Switch back to D when you want it to shut off
Thanks..... guess I'll find out soon enough, lol. I'm going to try it out for a bit to see how it goes. Not afraid of new things, this might be good. People in general are reluctant when it comes to anything new, but I'm all for 'let's see'.

One man's meat is another's poison. (^_^)

·
17,488 Posts
Thanks..... guess I'll find out soon enough, lol. I'm going to try it out for a bit to see how it goes. Not afraid of new things, this might be good. People in general are reluctant when it comes to anything new, but I'm all for 'let's see'.

One man's meat is another's poison. (^_^)
Personally, I like it about 80% of the time. When it's going to shut off only to restart again 1 second later, or I'm stuck in traffic that's inching along where it keeps shutting off, I'll often drop to 'L' mode. I also use it to lock out shifting between 4th-5th at low speed when in said traffic, because that's a jerky and rather annoying shift at times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally, I like it about 80% of the time. When it's going to shut off only to restart again 1 second later, or I'm stuck in traffic that's inching along where it keeps shutting off, I'll often drop to 'L' mode. I also use it to lock out shifting between 4th-5th at low speed when in said traffic, because that's a jerky and rather annoying shift at times.
So I drove it around town for couple of hours at night couple of days ago, to test it out. Found out it's pretty much what you've said here. I think I like it overall, lol.....but ya'd think they would have had some sort of short delay as to avoid those quick stop-signs stop'n'go. Can't really see any fuel savings there. But for long lights or trains, I think it's great. I always shut off the car anyways for long train waits, so this is better.
I just have to pay attention a bit more to what's going on now and really, that can't be a bad thing, lol
I've read complaints about people not getting the stated mpg's, but after I quit hot rodding around (well, as far as that much was possible, lol) I ended the night with 33 mpg---all city driving. Mind you, at night with little traffic and speed limit of 30-40, even 25 mph at times.

So overall I'm really liking this little car! Doesn't feel small, rides like a charm, has enough pep for me and all that remains to be seen is how good it all holds up.
Thanks for all the input, much appreciated. Hope this doesn't constitute a thread- highjacking! But I'll bet a lot of people will be wondering what's up with that stop/start thingy. If there is a separate thread about this somewhere, I apologize for being too lazy to check it out. (^_~)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.