Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I bought a 2017 LS in Arctic Blue last night (well, I picked it up last night) and so far I'm loving it. I drove a 2013 for 3 years until some jackhole slammed into me and totaled it.

My only concerns are the brake pedal position (does anyone know if it is possible to lower it to the level of the accelerator!? I feel like I have to do a horse step to stop!) and the lack of steering wheel controls. I'm planning on swapping out my steering wheel to gain cruise and radio controls soon.

I am really liking the redesigned interior. It'll take some getting used to for me to adjust to the slightly different placement (and the gear shift seems REALLY close!) but I think that is just from habit of having driven another car so long.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sometimes it takes a little time to reform your muscle memory from a previous vehicle. I needed a couple months to get used to the Cruze after my Cobalt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will say I was disappointed to see they took XM out of the LS. I always liked it for long road trips. Oh well, I'll just have to use the music on my phone!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I've noticed the brake pedal in a lot of automatics is significantly higher than the throttle. I think this is so people hit it first in a panic stop vs. the throttle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I've noticed the brake pedal in a lot of automatics is significantly higher than the throttle. I think this is so people hit it first in a panic stop vs. the throttle.
I thought about that too, but I actually worry I might hit the throttle instead of the brake because I don't pick my foot up far enough. I'm thinking I'll adjust pretty quickly and it'll be no big thing but it was definitely a surprise!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts