Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2017 LT Hatchback with 8k miles for a great price in pristine condition. Have remote keyless entry , heated seats (convenience package) and overall love this car.

I have had a 2012, 2014 and a 2015 cruze and this car is in a whole different category in quality ***BUT***:

owners manual that has very limited info on the hatch variant says there is a trunk release in the drivers door but there is none. I saw it on the sedan but not the hatchbacks I looked at.

It has been very cold in the Midwest and I have not been able to open my hatch as the button is frozen and will not operate. I can here something when I unlock the doors but the button will not work. I have owned too many Chevys' to list over the past 20 years that have had this type of button and never had a single one freeze. Normally this would not be a problem as there has been always an interior trunk release but for some reason the hatchback does not have it.

The RKE FOB for the hatch does not have the release button but the sedan RKE FOB does. I move computer servers and going thru the back seat because it is cold outside is not an option or acceptable. The dealer is reluctant to replace the switch as they claim it will freeze in cold weather which having too many vehicles with this switch over the years have never had this problem.

I finally convinced the dealer to replace the switch and is getting installed next week but I guess long story short do we know why GM felt it not necessary to have an internal hatch release but have a trunk release for the sedans?

·
Registered
830 Posts
The only releases on my '17 hatch are the button on the hatch itself and from inside there's a panel you remove that gives you access to the latch from the inside. Thats it as far as I know

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am very disappointed in this 'feature'. No release on the fob, no release on the dash. Single point of failure, a small button by the license plate. Good to know you can get to it from inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think it's an issue with water getting into the mechanism, its got to be a frost/grease issue. It doesn't take much to make it go away, just about 7 miles on the road to warm it up. But what a pain in the A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts