Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2014 Cruze1.4 automatic. I replaced the original battery yesterday with a Costco H5 and the Cruze will not start. DIC gives an error "put down drivers side window, then put up".
The previous battery had a yellow and a red wire wire connected to positive battery post(yellow wire was on top of red wire). I don't know what these 2 wires powered, they were there when I bought it .
Car cranks over well but won't start up.
Can you please give me any suggestions to get it going.
Should I remove the red and yellow wires?

What about a relearn process and how would I do that to do that?

Any help much appreciated:)
Thanks for any suggestions and ideas:)

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of curiosity is anything plugged into the obd2?
Hi 15CruzeD, no I don't have anything plugged in the OBD. I unhooked everything and took out the H6 battery and will try to hook up tomorrow weather permitting without the red and yellow wires and see what happens:( I am a little nervous ) I just hope it starts:)

·
Premium Member
2015 CTD
376 Posts
My diesel won't start occasionally and I have to remove the bluetooth adapter from the obd2 sometimes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the Cruzes are quirky... but I Love it. this is my second one I had an 11 LT before this. Thanks for you reply and I will let you know after all is said and done, nice to chat:)

·
Registered
936 Posts
First off, the DIC message about the windows is totally normal when you unhook the battery. It just ask you to calibrate them.

Secondly, go back in and double check your work around the positive terminals. There are like 2-3 wires in that area that you need to unhook. I've seen more than once people leaving 1 or more of those wires loose and the car not able to start or randomly won't start.

Lastly, many people do not do this but you should fully charge the battery before you connect it to the vehicle. See the alternator as the source of power for your car and as a trickle charger/maintainer for your battery. Plus, charging a head of time may give you insight if the battery is DOA which can happen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off, the DIC message about the windows is totally normal when you unhook the battery. It just ask you to calibrate them.

Secondly, go back in and double check your work around the positive terminals. There are like 2-3 wires in that area that you need to unhook. I've seen more than once people leaving 1 or more of those wires loose and the car not able to start or randomly won't start.

Lastly, many people do not do this but you should fully charge the battery before you connect it to the vehicle. See the alternator as the source of power for your car and as a trickle charger/maintainer for your battery. Plus, charging a head of time may give you insight if the battery is DOA which can happen.
Okay BDC , I do have a trickle charger and I will get that on the charger . It has 12.6V charge showing on my multimeter
and I will check my connections .
Thanks , much appreciated:)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts