Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello---I don't have a Cruze but I do have a 2019 Buick Encore with the 1.4Turbo engine, and I have benefitted from reading the engine information shared on this forum by the all the well-informed Cruze owners. I've been doing just about all work on my own cars for 55+ years, so I've gone from the less complex cars from way back to the complexity of the newer cars dealt with on this forum. So thanks for the info.:th_salute:

·
Super Moderator
5,526 Posts
Hello---I don't have a Cruze but I do have a 2019 Buick Encore with the 1.4Turbo engine, and I have benefitted from reading the engine information shared on this forum by the all the well-informed Cruze owners. I've been doing just about all work on my own cars for 55+ years, so I've gone from the less complex cars from way back to the complexity of the newer cars dealt with on this forum. So thanks for the info.:th_salute:
Welcome to the site.

Your Buick can have one of two 1.4t engines.
If your car has 'start/stop' you have the 1.4t found in the generation II Cruze.
This is a, all aluminum engine.
If your car does not have 'start/stop' you have the base 1.4t, found in the gen I Cruze as well as the only engine available on the Chevrolet Trax, sister car to yours.
This version has a cast iron block with aluminum head.

This info just to help you stay on track if using the search function.....ie, Gen I.....Gen II.

Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site.

Your Buick can have one of two 1.4t engines.
If your car has 'start/stop' you have the 1.4t found in the generation II Cruze.
This is a, all aluminum engine.
If your car does not have 'start/stop' you have the base 1.4t, found in the gen I Cruze as well as the only engine available on the Chevrolet Trax, sister car to yours.
This version has a cast iron block with aluminum head.

This info just to help you stay on track if using the search function.....ie, Gen I.....Gen II.

Regards,
Rob
Thanks for the info. I should have been specific and mentioned that I have the base 1.4t engine, and from what I've read, I'm glad I do, for it appears that many of the owner's of the start/stop engines don't care for them and buy an aftermarket device to disable stop/start. Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Steve123
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing