Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New Chevy Cruze Diesel owner

1024 3
So my wife and I recently inherited a 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel from my mother in law because my father in law passed away. I know absolutely nothing about diesels…any help would be great just as far as normal maintenance to keep in mind. I have already had to replace the DEF fluid tank heater. Now just few days ago I got another check engine light and the code I read was P2598…I can’t really find much as to what it could be. Even worse, I really can’t find anyone in my area here who knows this care and is willing to work on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,056 Posts
You can search that P code in the search box and find some hits in this forum.

Regarding the diesel. There's a few things that you should keep in mind that is different than a gaser.
  1. Just buy regular diesel you find at speedway, exxon, shell, etc. Don't get smart and try to buy other blends from truck stops or buy additives. Just buy regular fuel. Exxon/Mobile has great diesel.
  2. Make sure you do oil changes with Dexos 2 (not Dexos Gen 2) oil or ACEA C3 oil. You can find it at WalMart (Pennzoil) or online
  3. These cars like highway driving. Personally, if you are not going on the highway a few times a week I wouldn't own this car. They need to be at high constant RPM to regenerate. They can regenerate during normal stop and start driving but it's best to highway drive
  4. Your DEF tank readout will stay at 100% until it gets to 36%. Don't worry this is normal
  5. This car needs a timing belt every 100k miles. If you don't know if it was done already, the belt breaking will destroy your engine so have the belt changed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts