Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charged $180 for battery replacement & $500 for water pump replacement ( pump was covered under warranty, hoses weren't ). It has been a week and I am seeing a possible leak under the hood & a ticking noise from this silver compass looking thing .. anyone have any ideas ? Thanks in advance - Phx Cruze

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I could not see the leak can you get a better picture ? The silver thing is somthing to do with the fuel system , it looks like you have the n/a 1.8 motor . do you remember a time when there was no ticking atall . When I popped the hood for the first time I noticed that the car was ticking away but that sound is gone once the hood is closed . I put it down to the top end of the motor or maybe the injectors .

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Charged $180 for battery replacement & $500 for water pump replacement ( pump was covered under warranty, hoses weren't ). It has been a week and I am seeing a possible leak under the hood & a ticking noise from this silver compass looking thing .. anyone have any ideas ? Thanks in advance - Phx Cruze
I think you got taken. We have had members scoring Dealer batteries for under $100 and I'm not sure there are $500 worth of connections?

*Reviewed other similar observations with Parts/Labor charges of $150, $200, & $300 +

Parts required to complete this special coverage are to be obtained from General Motors Customer
Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A).
Part Number
Description
Quantity/Vehicle
Kit, Water Pump
(Includes Water Pump, Water Pump Gasket, and
Thermostat Housing Seal / Water Inlet Seal)
Bolt (Long), Engine Front Cover
Bolt (Short), Engine Front Cover
Bolt, Transaxle
Bolt, Engine Mount Bracket
12346290 - US
10953464 - CA
Coolant, Engine (Dex-Cool)
(1 Gallon Container in US / 4 L Container in Canada)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I walked out paying too much I believe $180 for battery + labor ... water pump replacement ( pump covered) replaced the hoses for $150 & $350 for labor ==== $770 including hazmat .....
I ended up walking out paying $180 for battery and labor. $35o roughly for labor in replacing hoses
There you go, make sure to give them a decent service survey score if one comes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts