Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I am new to the forum.
I will be moving to Toronto on January and I have to buy a car.
I am almost decided that I will be buying a cruze. I been reading the forum and I thought this would be the perfect place to get the final push to completely decide on a cruze and ask a few questions.
I have a budget of 10k-13k for my car so I was planing on buying a LT with 30k-60k milage.

Any recommendations on the model? I want cruze control.
Do you recommend buying from a used car dealer?
I will be working in Scarborough. Is it a good car for suburb/city areas?
Will I have any problems with the weather in Toronto? Do I have to have any precautions?
Any kind of recomendations and opinions will be welcomed.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I cannot speak for our Canadian members but as a member living in New York I have been very happy with my Cruze. The model that I purchased was a 2012 Eco with a six speed manual transmission. I would stay away from the 2011 model year as I have heard here on the forums they are very problematic. I do not know the length of your commute but my commute is 150 miles per day that's why I went with the Eco model. I'm sure that in your price range you will find a lot of nice cars to look at. Personally I would buy directly from a GM dealership preferably Chevrolet. At least there is some degree of warranty there with the car. You might even still be able to find one that is still under the balance of the factory warranty. Good luck with your search and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Super Moderator
5,148 Posts
I live in Ohio and I also have a 2012 Eco. It really depends on the type of driving you will be doing. If you are doing lots of city driving the 1 or 2 LTs/RS are the way to go. The Eco is more of a highway car. Since you are looking for cruise control, the LS does not come with CC unless you have it installed. The 1 or 2 LTs will provide a lot more of the creature comforts and a good city driving experience. If wheels are a must, steer away from the LS that comes with the 16 in steelies. Which may be OK in snow. If you are looking for a used car, as NY Cruze says stay away from the 2011, they were first year cars and had some problems.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I don't know anything about Canada except the stereotype accent and BEER.

BUT! I loved my Cruze, it is nice to stare at. My LS was very reliable but hated water (hydrolocked it). After it got a new engine it ran as if nothing had happened to it, and it was already a 3 year old car (which in Miami, FL means 30 years old, because of the constant stop and go, + intense heat/humidity).

I say get the Cruze and don't think much about it, but do please go for a 2012+ the 2011 are known for a jerky transmission.

·
Registered
203 Posts
to sum up this thread.......your fine with any car up here. I live in durham but work in the city. Winter is not as bad here because we are north of a great lake (winds flow in a southernly direction) Just get a set of winters and your good to go.

·
10,713 Posts
IF you don't want a manual trans and you want leather go with 2lt with reasonable miles. Depending on the year, 1lt has steelies as well unless you got a wheel package. What year was spare tires optional for all trims folks? Never driven a 12 and under so I can't complain about coolant smells trans shifts and 4 speed fans.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I have the 4 speed fan in my 2012. It's not perfect but it gets the job done. It either doesn't blow at all or it blows like a tornado. Either way it just blows.

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts