Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New CRUZE decal added

4330 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  jbaker2810
Added a Cruze decal yesterday!! It came out pretty good actually! What do you guys think?
-KY

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Personal luxury car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reactions: AutumnCruzeRS
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,211 Posts
Looks great!

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trevor- what about my lights!?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze

170- it's not a hill it's just the way I took the picture from my 3rd story apt. And I'll tell you what the decal was not easy to make sure it was straight lol I **** near ruined it during the install!

Sparks- thanks dude I wanted it way to one side on the middle grille but there's plastic behind the spot I really wanted it so I compromised a put it on the lower grille! Pretty cheap add on eBay!

NY- thanks man! It's appreciated

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
170- haha my bad I had to look at the pic again and was like "**** I does look like I'm on a steep ass hill" lol

Sparks- I actually just peeled back alittle bit of the corners and stuck them stood back and looked to see if it was straight and of course it can't just be straight on the first try so I peeled the corner pieces off, straightened it and looked again! Def took like a dozen times till I was satisfied! Then peeled back the adhesive paper that the decal is stuck too slowly while eliminating the bubbles with a squeegee!

Tip: Don't try to install on a windy day like I did! It'll only frustrate you even more bc after awhile the corners won't stick anymore and the wind will blow one side off by the time you get to stick the other corner to see if it's straight or not!

Also if you get any bubbles that you can't get out, just take a small needle and pop them and smooth so the air can come out. You don't even see the hole you punctured!

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good but them headlights tho
Trevor- you know where I can find some headlights that are projectors but let me use the same hid bulbs I own? I know I can do the whole custom retrofit thing but idk if I really wanna put my headlight in the oven and peel the lens cover and risk water getting in them in the future!

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are just bright haha, and no man just Google or ebay aftermarket headlights for your car or send them into oracle lighting and they can do custom ones I think for around $500 not sure though.
Well I guess the better question would be how would I know that my bulbs would be able to be used in the aftermarkets? I mean yeah I see headlights all over the place but it's difficult knowing if you can use your current bulbs or if they have to be replaced with others! But it's all good I'll figure it out but until then it's gunna stay as is! Lol

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have a link to where you got that decal from? Looks good!!
eBay-$10 something- http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/111806219278

Jbaker- I believe it's bc 6000k is more of a bright white color right? Once you go up to 8000k you start to get the blue tint all the way up to 12000k that are really purple! I wanted a more custom look than 6000k but still wanted to have awesome visibility! I like the color 8000k gives off but am slightly tired of proving to every 10th oncoming car that I don't have my brights on lol so I think soon I should get projectors since these HIDs seem to never want to burn out! I had them basically since I purchased the car in 2011 when they came out and usually run them constantly as DRL as well kinda waiting for one to go out so I can purchase a whole new aftermarket headlight assembly!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.