Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't even say 'eco' next to 'Cruze' on the rear. Why would they do that?

Mmm.. because the RS body is sexy! That's why. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I noticed that the other day thinking that the Eco came standard like that the dealer never really explained the Eco to me just ls lt and Ltz's and rs package they brushed the Eco off like it didn't matter but agreed the rs is sexy lol glad I got it

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Now this makes me think a set of ECO rims would look great on my RS.
+1. I've always thought eco wheels would look good on the RS too, just because it's uncommon and unique.

Even that, I've seen some of the members plasti-dipping their eco wheels. I think those would look even better!

I'm not a chrome kinda guy..

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Oh man, after watching the video in 1080p, there is an 'eco' badge on the rear! Stupid 240p resolution.

Hmm.. that is interesting. It looks like it's only the rear bumper though. The front and side skirts are still 'eco/base model' style..

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh man, after watching the video in 1080p, there is an 'eco' badge on the rear! Stupid 240p resolution.

Hmm.. that is interesting. It looks like it's only the rear bumper though. The front and side skirts are still 'eco/base model' style..
I just noticed that as well. So either there is some MPG gain from the RS rear bumper, it just looks better for marketing or this is some factory fluke? Maybe this is the super secret ECO/RS package, LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am actually getting a set of ECO in exchange of my RS rims and tires next week!
Then I will install the underbody panels and make my RS more ECO :)
Please post pictures of the rims on the car & let us know how much work is involved in adding the underbody panels(also include part numbers if you can). Sounds like a great mod.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have something that was different on LS, It has a ECO rear spoiler on the trunk and everything else is just the base model Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
On the factory build sticker it does not list the spoiler and neither does the original window sticker and I was not charged by the dealer.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts

Check again. The Eco Cruze doesn't have side skirts.

The side skirts appear to not be RS side skirts either, although the rear bumper does seem to be an RS bumper. I wonder if they will make mud flaps for this...

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Now this makes me think a set of ECO rims would look great on my RS.
I was considering Eco wheels for my LS glad I didn't buy them now. Someone found some Eco wheels in Detroit on Craig's list for 400 but I would need to buy tires for them. Instead now I have the whole package with all the bells and whistles too!

Surprised they didn't put LTZ wheels on it LOL But the Eco wheels are "flashy" enough

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Well looks that GM noticed there oops on the RS bumper. Watching MM and saw this again and it now has the plain standard bumper.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well looks that GM noticed there oops on the RS bumper. Watching MM and saw this again and it now has the plain standard bumper.
I saw the commercial on TV late at night soon after I originally posted this, it showed the RS bumper. A few minutes ago the same commercial was on and it no longer has the RS rear bumper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts