Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 14 cruze eco diesel. Already have a cel on. Nox sensor. Not sure which one though. Looks like an ongoing issue with these cars. Hope GM fixes it soon.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Just purchased a 14 cruze eco diesel. Already have a cel on. Nox sensor. Not sure which one though. Looks like an ongoing issue with these cars. Hope GM fixes it soon.
Welcome. Sorry to hear you're having emissions issue.

How many miles? Might still be covered under Emissions Warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It had 46k when i bought it. Also purchased an extended warrany too. Also the dealership filled it with gasoline when they were to deliver it ?. They fixed that issue, but now the cel. Nit sure if that would have anything to do with it though.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
It had 46k when i bought it. Also purchased an extended warrany too. Also the dealership filled it with gasoline when they were to deliver it ?. They fixed that issue, but now the cel. Nit sure if that would have anything to do with it though.
The dealer mis-fueled your diesel with gasoline? Really?

Wow, don't even know what to say except find a new dealer FAST. Hopefully that situation was rectified without engine or fuel system damage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer mis-fueled your diesel with gasoline? Really?

Wow, don't even know what to say except find a new dealer FAST. Hopefully that situation was rectified without engine or fuel system damage.
So far just the cel light. But like I said, not sure if it is related. Fortunately the car was only driven a couple of blocks, then straight to the dealership. They have gone out of there way to fix there goof up. Even offeres to buy back the car, hope I didnt make a mistake by keeping it. They also are paying my deductible for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Based on the mis-fuel situation and the fact that you're still covered under GM warranty, let a dealer take a look at your CEL issue and resolve.

Your choice on whether to go back to same dealer or try a different one.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
So far just the cel light. But like I said, not sure if it is related. Fortunately the car was only driven a couple of blocks, then straight to the dealership. They have gone out of there way to fix there goof up. Even offeres to buy back the car, hope I didnt make a mistake by keeping it. They also are paying my deductible for the foreseeable future.
I would take them up on the offer to buy it back. The amount of issues that could cause could make this a nightmare.

Reactions: Tomko and Rivergoer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would take them up on the offer to buy it back. The amount of issues that could cause could make this a nightmare.
I have been driving it a week now, and aside from the cel, it has been running great.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
gassed up and driven?

i would have sold it back to them
Was under the impression buyback's no longer an option but if it is...definitely consider it. Even if they claim it's no longer an option, worth fighting.

They might be backing you now but what happens a year or two and 50,000 miles from now? The lines between mis-fueling damage and "normal wear" start to blur.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Was under the impression buyback's no longer an option but if it is...definitely consider it. Even if they claim it's no longer an option, worth fighting.

They might be backing you now but what happens a year or two and 50,000 miles from now? The lines between mis-fueling damage and "normal wear" start to blur.
I would take them up on the offer to buy back. This emission system is touchy even if you don't screw with it, gasoline in a diesel in this car I wouldn't want it. Hope it all works fine. I have been lucky with no cel in 42k miles. The dealer I bought from was a total train wreck, I didn't trust them to do anything.

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to have everyones input!! Taking it to a Chevy dealership to have cel looked at. See what they say about the fuel. Thanks again everyone!!

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Glad to have everyones input!! Taking it to a Chevy dealership to have cel looked at. See what they say about the fuel. Thanks again everyone!!
Besides incompetent, just exactly what kind of dealer did you buy it from???

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
OK - I guess you didn't have to reverse it with a Driver Returns On Foot:) Did they completely purge the fuel system after putting gas in? Driving a couple of blocks shouldn't have caused any issues as the main fuel line from the tank to the engine would still have had diesel fuel. But it would need to be purged as well to completely remove the gasoline.

Also, is the extended service coverage with GM or Ford?

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Take it back and accept their offer of a return of all your monies.

There are are plenty of other fish in the sea. But please just buy from a qualified dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
To the OP, I am sorry if our critique comes across harsh, it isn't meant that way by any of us. Just buying a preowned diesel comes with more risk than our gas counterparts. Knowing the history of the diesel is very important to the emission system. The type of oil used, the quantity etc is much more touchy than a gas car. You know this dealer made a big mistake by putting gas in it which is for any dealer nothing short of stupid. If they did an oil change did they out in dexos 2 oil or just there normal stuff?

There are a lot of well cared for and well maintained diesels out there. Hoping the best for you with whatever decisions you make.

Also just know the gen 2 diesels are being blown out with huge discounts and are new. I saw one loaded gen 2 that was 10k off of list price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK - I guess you didn't have to reverse it with a Driver Returns On Foot
Did they completely purge the fuel system after putting gas in? Driving a couple of blocks shouldn't have caused any issues as the main fuel line from the tank to the engine would still have had diesel fuel. But it would need to be purged as well to completely remove the gasoline.

Also, is the extended service coverage with GM or Ford?

Welcome to CruzeTalk.
Tank was dropped, and drained, and fuel lines were purged. I called around to several Chevy dealers, and talked to there mechanics. They all said that it depended on how far it was driven. That why I decided to keep it. My uncle is a diesel mechanic also, and he said the samething.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To the OP, I am sorry if our critique comes across harsh, it isn't meant that way by any of us. Just buying a preowned diesel comes with more risk than our gas counterparts. Knowing the history of the diesel is very important to the emission system. The type of oil used, the quantity etc is much more touchy than a gas car. You know this dealer made a big mistake by putting gas in it which is for any dealer nothing short of stupid. If they did an oil change did they out in dexos 2 oil or just there normal stuff?

There are a lot of well cared for and well maintained diesels out there. Hoping the best for you with whatever decisions you make.

Also just know the gen 2 diesels are being blown out with huge discounts and are new. I saw one loaded gen 2 that was 10k off of list price.
Dealership is about an hour from my home. There is a certified chevy dealer about 20 mins away. They will be doing future service on my vehicle. This being my first diesel, Im really glad to have different opinions from everone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts