Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My name is Shaun and I just purchased a 2014 Cruze Eco 6MT in Crystal Red Tintcoat, Purchased it with 5 miles on it and got a really good deal on a K&N Intake from amazon for $150 and free 2 day shipping with my prime membership. :jump:

I have my coilovers in the mail now & I'll be posting up pics soon! Hopefully going to be fully debaged by sunday.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Wow are you excited or what ?

Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes with yer ideally slammed 2014 ECO .

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whats up Shaun congrats on the new Cruze can't wait to see them pictures.
I am a new member to CT as well but have been avidly reading this forum for a while.
I have a 2013 1.4L Cruze 2LT in Blue Ray Metallic
I'm going to cut to the chase, i'll go rant about how much I love my Cruze in a different thread
My engine is broken in for sure and I already have a modification setup in mind
Nothing huge, I want to do --a resonator bypass --install a K&N SRI --and install a simple ACD /powerbox performance chip tune to optimize the K&N SRI
Could some cool people let me know how this simple set up sounds, whether it seems good bad dumb if there are benefits in what im looking for, I am open to all input and would really appreciate it
Just for the record I'm looking for a little better throttle response, a nice engine/turbo sound, and a small hp and mpg gain

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Congrats and welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to CT and congrats on your new ECO!! Post a picture when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
My engine is broken in for sure and I already have a modification setup in mind
Nothing huge, I want to do --a resonator bypass --install a K&N SRI --and install a simple ACD /powerbox performance chip tune to optimize
Look into the Trifecta Budget tune if you don't want to spend a lot and pick up a little power and response.

Reactions: CruisingintheCruze

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks guys
Has anyone looked into specifically the ACD Powerbox tuning chip?
Im a little tentative about these tuning chips because i have heard and read many stories that they r very fake and only trick the car into thinking its colder, causing more fuel consumption, and making it ineffective in cold weather
On the other hand its claimed that the tune with the intake will optimize the SRI mpg's and hp's

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Thanks guys
Has anyone looked into specifically the ACD Powerbox tuning chip?
Im a little tentative about these tuning chips because i have heard and read many stories that they r very fake and only trick the car into thinking its colder, causing more fuel consumption, and making it ineffective in cold weather
On the other hand its claimed that the tune with the intake will optimize the SRI mpg's and hp's
Avoid the tuning chips as that is what they do. If you want more power go with the Trifecta or VTuner performance tunes. You're going to want to run 91 octane in your ECO MT in Denver even on the stock tune.

Which dealership did you purchase from and what did you think of them?

·
Registered
239 Posts
thanks for the welcome and input
as far as the dealership i might as well tell the story
my family is chevy all the way, my dad being a real gearhead back in the golden days for muscle cars, owning numerous chevelle's and camaro's in their peak years and currently drag racing a modded chevy monza pro stock that has only about a 400cu in engine putting out about 700 hp running an 8.30ish in the quarter mile
my dad bought a 2SS camaro from Paul Conte in Freeport, NY last year
they pulled strings and brought over a beautiful inferno orange convertible camaro from michigan to new york
when it was my turn to purchase my first car ever, i was looking at a dart, cruze, and juke
since previously getting the camaro from the salesman, George, in freeport, he was beyond caring and knew exactly how to conduct business with us
all the other car company dealership's made us go through ****, which my father told me to expect, and gave us hassels at times to get information
the other car company dealerships played so many games and we started at such high prices and talked them down so much, proving all the nonsense and gimmicks dealerships can play are real and its up to u to get the best price possible
in the end the dealership in freeport treated us with the best intentions in mind and made the experience smooth and enjoyable and even accidently forgot to add the $1000 deposit, which the salesman George pointed out (yea the salesman), so i signed the paper as quickly as i could and literally put no money down for a practically fully loaded car
it only took one chevy dealership to beat out the numerous dodge nissan etc dealerships that i went to as far as customer service, price, and buying experience
so thats my story, couldnt be more happy with my cruze i freakin love it and i understand its a 1.4L no performance car so im not gonna go buckwild with mods but there definitely will be little things here and there
anyways, im asking specifically about the ACD powerbox tune because i dont believe it is a chip, it is not a permanent ecu change and the website is very well laid out answering all of ur questions right there, lifetime warranty great return policy and the hp/mpg gains dont seem exagerated and its a very good price, although it is not as dialed in as a trifecta tune would be
what makes the trifecta tune different than other tuning devices? Thank you...and btw i have an AT tranny just for the record

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Trifecta and VTuner actually change the programming in the ECU. Search around here and you'll find a lot of information on both.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I got my coilovers in today... I'm looking at doing the zzp Dp/mid pipe combo next at this altitude I would assume I would have to get the tune on top of these as well or does anyone have any advice on this? Denver is approximately 5500 above sea level..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts