Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I've been looking at cruzes for a while so I finally pulled the plug and bought a 2014 Chevy Cruze. It's 2lt with the rs package. 53k miles. Not sure what the plan is on it other than fixing the little chirp it has when it's warmed up. After I pinpoint that then the real fun can start. I am in the Air Force working on electrical and environmental systems on the F-15. Been in for about a year so still a newbie. Best decision I have made so far. I do want to put some black wheels on the car so if anybody has some reasonably priced suggestions I am open. Thanks in advance for all the info you guys have provided. My last question is does the factory warranty transfer if you're the second owner?

IMG-1783.JPG

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yes you're still covered under factory warranty. The car has however already exceeded the 3 year 36K bumper-to-bumper warranty and is now only covered under 5 year 100K power train warranty. There are also a few odd accessories that are covered by extended warranties due to recalls.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Welcome Nice looking car! As Chevrasaki said you have the 5 year 100K power train warranty. FWIW I am on my 4th Cruze and I don't believe I have ever done anything under the 3yr/36K warranty. First thing I will suggest is to start using higher octane gas other than 87 or whatever your "cheapest" gas is in Idaho. I have a 2013 1LT RS and I only put our mid grade in(89 octane) and car runs fine plenty of power. Where 87 could leave you wondering? Lots of guys like 93 or premium but I have been doing good on 89. Just FYI.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Welcome and thank you sir for your service.

Congrats on your 'new' Cruze, love the Gen 1 styling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never owned a car newer than 2002 until now but is there any paperwork I should have for the warranty to be used when I go see the dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
I have never owned a car newer than 2002 until now but is there any paperwork I should have for the warranty to be used when I go see the dealer?
Go to https://my.gm.com/recalls and input your VIN. Lots of helpful info on recalls and remaining warranties on your vehicle.

GM and Chevy dealers will have warranty info on your vehicle in their computer system, no need for paperwork.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,642 Posts
Hello all, I've been looking at cruzes for a while so I finally pulled the plug and bought a 2014 Chevy Cruze. It's 2lt with the rs package. 53k miles. Not sure what the plan is on it other than fixing the little chirp it has when it's warmed up. After I pinpoint that then the real fun can start. I am in the Air Force working on electrical and environmental systems on the F-15. Been in for about a year so still a newbie. Best decision I have made so far. I do want to put some black wheels on the car so if anybody has some reasonably priced suggestions I am open. Thanks in advance for all the info you guys have provided. My last question is does the factory warranty transfer if you're the second owner?
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Don't forget to post here: Military Veterans - POST HERE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts