Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 2011 Chevy cruze. Before this car I had never used Bluetooth. I have gotten so far as pairing my phone with the car via Bluetooth. It asked me to "say a command" I said "play music" as it was on my list of options. But I have no downloaded music on my phone because I don't have a computer at the moment. Right now I only have the iheartradio auto app. It says it's supposed to connect automatically when Bluetooth is on. Well it doesn't. This is the only music app I have tried in my car. Should I try Pandora or youtube? Completely new to this sorry I sound dumb. Tired of the radio and old cds!! Thanks so much :question:

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The 2011 and 2012 didn't support Bluetooth music from the factory. Take a look at the link in my signature for information on how to do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding! I tried clicking on your signature not sure if it took me to the right place though. My car has Bluetooth as I am able to do hands free calling. Also my boyfriend connected to it somehow and was playing music through his phone, not downloaded music but through an app. I just tried using Pandora in my car and it wouldn't play through car speakers. Then I tried plugging it in my car, still nothing :(

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Your boyfriend has a iPhone. Apple didn't implement BlueTooth A2DP (or for that matter, just about any other BlueTooth protocol) the way anyone else did. For the rest of us we need the Camaro BlueTooth PDIM. This PDIM adds a second BlueTooth receiver to the car. The first one is in the On-Star module behind the glovebox and isn't really designed to handle the frequency response needed to have a clean music signal.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I didn't think any Android devices implemented BlueTooth the same way Apple did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.