Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Cruzers:

Minor issue no. 1: My new Cruze Classic LTZ exhibits an odd summer morning issue: condensation on the outside of the front windscreen, just above the defog vent, but on the outside, even as I adjust the HVAC too other settings (floor, toward face). We are having a warm summer, high dewpoints, but I have not noticed this issue in our other (2015) Cruze. Any ideas?

Minor issue no 2: the electronic key seems to fail once in a while. And the horn installed on these last Cruze Classics must be leftovers from the Sunbirds they use to build at Lordstown.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Minor issue no. 1: My new Cruze Classic LTZ exhibits an odd summer morning issue: condensation on the outside of the front windscreen, just above the defog vent, but on the outside, even as I adjust the HVAC too other settings (floor, toward face). We are having a warm summer, high dewpoints, but I have not noticed this issue in our other (2015) Cruze. Any ideas?
Assuming it's a small spot, it's not unusual. The flapper doors don't seem to completely close off the defrost vents. With cold air hitting the windshield, it will cause condensation if the outside air is close to dew point. You can try resetting the HVAC computer to recalibrate the flappers. That's done with a specific fuse or by disconnecting the battery. Be sure to wait at least 40 seconds after starting the car before making any changes so it can do it's thing undisturbed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts